Erosion of the bone?

So my doc said my bone in my left great toe is Erosion. Anyone know what that would mean?

It can mean one of two things Either the cartilage is eroded (like in river erosion the "bank" has left the building) and will soon lose its motion. The other thing is it could be "hallux limitus" whet the actual bone eroded and the entire joint will collapse. The later is the more common with uncontrolled PsA. We also call it "pencil in a cup" In a normal joint the end of the bone is rounded in fits into a cup (doesn't matter whether it is a hinge or ball and cup type joint) In PsA the end of the bone "errodes" to a point, thus the pencil in a cup.

the doc said i cant use my left foot at all on a normal work period and i have to elevate every 30 mins due to this . So basically eventually my joint there will collapse?

No, they can fix it. YOU need to take your meds and do what they tell you.

Other wise you could turn in to a ME and spend a miserable few weeks getting a new joint,

Yep.. me too .. had to get a new joint on that toe.. in November.... no trouble at all with that joint.. but now its rubbing against the other toe.. because it is straighter now and doesn't give as I walk.. and rubs with the next toe...pain still in the top of my foot with probably further erosion.. ughhh

Listen to the doctor! Plz

Karen