Epigenetics, a new scientic field

Epigenetics is the study of molecular mechanisms by which the environment controls gene activity. Dr Frank Lipman believes that we can alter the outcome of genetic predispositon.

This info was brought to my attention by Allergic a member of BF Fibromyalgia group. Though she is an AMA trained nurse, because of her many allergies has also had to combine Integrative Medicine with traditonal AMA practices.

http://www.drfranklipman.com/faqs-on-epigenetics/

Had a look at the above site. Well, it makes sense. I think we all know that everything gets worse with stress. All three psorisis patches on my body have broken out in periods of immense stress. Got to control the stress and our environments. Easier said than done though. And once the psorisis show itself on my body, it doesn't really go away when the stress has eased off. It's like I have it forever.

Just had my dna tested for genealogical purposes which is kind of interesting in itself. I've been playing around with the idea of having my dna tested for medical. Funny enough I'm not bothered at all with the idea of finding what I am susceptable to. If I was younger, maybe I would be, but not at my age. Any of those other nasty inherited illnesses would have shown up in me by now. And a higher genetic risk of dying from cancer or heart disease wouldn't come as a surprise as I know both run in my family. I'd be interested in knowing if I inherited anything for psorisis. Don't know if that ran in the family but my only first cousin has it too though she doesn't have the arthritis part as I do.

Yes it makes sense. I loved the comments I so do llove the crackpots in the crowd. I am reading an interesting book called Wheat Belly.Written by William Davis M.D. He discusses the genetic changes made to wheat and the rise of celiac disease amongst other diseases. He points out that while they made all these genetic modifications to wheat there was no testing done on humans prior to putting this new seed on the market. Something that would never happen now.I haveto admit to to testing myself and wheat. Not very scientific but thoroughly enlightening as I have just broken out in the worst case of inverse I have ever had.

Interesting!

I find this interesting and a bit scary..."But now we are learning that this is not true, and epigenetic changes can be passed down for many generations. So, the lifestyle choices you make today affect not only you but also your children and grandchildren. In other words, each of us has far greater responsibility than we ever imagined!"

I'm so glad I live a much healthier lifestyle than my parents did when I was growing up - and will hopefully pass on to my children the concept of respecting our bodies by taking good care of them and putting only good things into them. :)

Yes This is what Dr Jack Kruse talks about in his blog - I have been symptom free since June following a strict anti inflammatory diet - its amazing. read Dr Kruse and his epigenetic diet and Mastering Leptin - a book- by someone else, as well as Cooling Inflammation by Prof Art Ayers. I have not only changed my PSa but also my energy levels, my brain function and my dental health. no gum disease at all- I am now a size 10, no bloating and i was a size 14. I have my life back. It is a lot at first - but now I look after mybody. Let food be thy medicine as Hippocrates said . Good luck - I write about some of this on my blog xxxx

I always like reading new information about our genetic make up and the advances in research. There are however, so many variables to consider. It is impossible for one to identify which one relates to which disease and to what degree. The air we breath, the food we eat, the stress we have cope with, the environment we live in can vary so much from person to person and country to country. Right down to the chemicals used in our foods and cosmetic products. Then there is our modern day way of manufacturing our every day possessions and so much of these have consequences to our health.

We can't avoid our modern way of living. What we can do is to eat healthy and use natural products where we can and do what we can to protect our environment.

stress management--easier said than done. Last Friday my phone died, my TV died, my bank account overdrafted, and the top of the range microwave broke with a loud and constant BEEP-BEEP!! All at once! Yep, the constant beep-beep was the topping on the cake. No chance to disconnect. I still survived, when I recovered my sanity.

Exactly !!!! no simple answers to that one. I believe there is a natural law that says all white goods have choice when to die and they seem to copy one another. A kind of sweet revenge on us mere mortals! Laugh in the face of such fate!!

Gelita said:

stress management--easier said than done. Last Friday my phone died, my TV died, my bank account overdrafted, and the top of the range microwave broke with a loud and constant BEEP-BEEP!! All at once! Yep, the constant beep-beep was the topping on the cake. No chance to disconnect. I still survived, when I recovered my sanity.