Enthesopathy

Anybody else dealing with tendon attachment site stiffness and pain? This is a fairly new development for me and it feels nearly more debilitating than the joint issues. Yikes!! Going in a week early for remicade infusion and my dose is being increased. I am also experiencing extreme fatigue. Anyone else? Trying to exercise, stretch, eat right, sleep enough...frustrated.

For a long time, I have thought that the enthesitis is even more painful than the joint pain. I am allergic to NSAIDs like ibuprofen or Celebrex, so I can’t take the regularly, but I occasional take prescription ibuprofen knowing I will have asthma because of it. The pain gets bad enough that it is worth the breathing problems! Voltaren cream is basically the same thing in a cream form. If you have one or two bad places, ask your doctor about it. However, if you are like I am, you can’t possibly put cream on every tendon that is painful. I do ice a lot, too, but again, I’m only hitting parts of the problem.

I do find that it happens as my biologic is wearing down and not doing as much good. It is good that you have another level to go to on Remicaid. If that doesn’t solve it, ask to change biologics. It does make a big difference to me when I get to that point.

Yep me too. Especially in my feet, and in my ribcage. I have found stretching & massage help, as well as ice. I also put flector patches on my feet and ben gay patches all over myself when I leave the house, and rub biofreeze on the painful areas. I've found that my biologic has helped a lot, but some of the pain has recently come back..... maybe from the cold weather?? Also, I have to stay gluten and corn free. It's easy to stray from that diet when you are feeling better, but it always bites you in the butt when you do!

YES!!!!!!It's so very nice to know I am not the only one. I am sorry to hear though that you are in so much pain. It is amazing the amount debilitation this can cause. I was at my Reumy appt. last Monday discussing my thumbs and the recent developments. I have been dropping everything I pick up and I cannot hold onto anything. I did not really seem to let it bother me(the dropping) as I have extreme Osteo and Psa in my hands and always thought it was just the disease making its way around. I talked to the doctor about it and afteer a really thourouh exam of my thumbs she said it have DeQueverins(SP) disease and that it is tandon issue caused by the joint damage done by the osteo. She said it can and frequently is as painful as a broken bone because the tendons are being stretched and pulled out of place when I move. No fix- except excercises that I already do. take Celebrex,MTX. Gabapentin. Toprimate,and because of my back, I am a lucky one who is on constant pain management with Tramadol which I am very thankful. In this cold weather all we can do is keep gloves in all of your pockets and wear them, use good lotion and all of the topicals that I am sure you have already found .Please feel free to ask me lots of questions. I have suffered through this in my feet as well. The good news.... as with all PsaA issues this to shall move on to another site and be something different and easier to bear. That is just how it seems to work. I hope this finds you having a great Thanksgiving week.

I had lots of tendonitis and that has been hugely improved by taking Enbrel. The only tendonitis (I think that's what it is) is the tops of my feet--but that could be something else. They just always hurt, especially when I first stand up and start walking. Scary about the Remicade and extreme fatigue. Since I've been on Enbrel, I'm more hyper than fatigued and get by on less sleep without getting too tired.

Well, I had my infusion a week early and the dosage was increased. I didn't notice a difference for about 5 or 6 days and then BAM, I woke up and felt super energetic and was able to take a long walk with lots of hills and be on my feet at work all day and not feel like I would just end up in tears or worse. I still have the tendon issues, but somehow the pain is dulled a bit and I can deal with it for now. I know it is short lived, but I have to grab every moment of normal that I can! I don't want THAT HORRID PAIN TO BE MY "NORMAL"!! We shall see how it goes. The arthritis center I go to scheduled me with several doc appts as well as infusion appts since they schedule WAY out. I don't know why I'm not in physical therapy? Doesn't that seem just logical? After all, I am fused from C-7 to L-4 with Harrington rods since 1978 and already have movement issues, and now with the PsA, for crying out loud I more than likely could benefit. What about a hot tub? Anyone have any success with long soaks? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!!!!

Tendons is the main cause of my pain. I have found heat works best for me. I sleep with a heated blanket and use one on the couch. Buying one for the car this weekend too! Methacarbonal workes well relaxing things too. Remicade works for the first 4 weeks with me then it’s out. After my latest sed rate and crp were more then doubled the highest normal range I’m waiting for them to bump me to every 6 weeks. fingers cross. Having a sister in law as a physical therapist is the greatest blessing.