PsA symptoms

Hip and low back pain, SEVERE stiffness, neck stiffness, hip stiffness, elbow tendon pain, pain in the tendon attachment sites at the glutes, hamstrings and calves, toe pain, foot pain...etc. It moves around, but the tendon sites are pretty much a constant now.

I can relate! I have yet to figure out how to make it better.

The stiffness is horrible! Did you notice an improvement when you went on a biologic? I sure did! But, I think pain moving to various locations seems pretty common among us. Annoying!

I can completely relate! I have severe pain in most of my body, around the clock!!
My legs are killing me with severe pain! My calves hurt so bad and it truly feels like my veins are being stretched as tight as can be. I just had an ultrasound to check for blood clots. Thankfully no clots were found in my legs but I’m still having the horrible pain and worry!!
It’s exhausting!
I’ve been on Cimzia for four weeks.
My rheumatologist said it will take 12 weeks with me, before we know if it’s going to work.
He also said my leg pain/pain in calves has nothing to do with PSA. Not so sure about that myself.
I have tons of inflammation. My SED rate was 66 and CRP was 39!!!
Best wishes!

I too can relate. I am sorry for all your pain. I keep telling my husband that all my tendons are too short. They hurt where they attach to the joint, and then the pain radiates on them. I have been walking the last couple of months 3-4 days a week about 2.5 miles on flat surfaces. It takes a good 30 minutes of walking before I feel I "loosen" up any. The walking does help, and I try to do it regularly, but some days my legs just are too tight and hurt too bad. I have had my first two infusions of Remicade (humira did not help enough) and am still waiting to see results. Keeping my fingers crossed that my 3rd loading dose infusion next week will help. My legs are the worst - knees and ankles, followed by my elbows and wrists. Also, my tendon pain does move around some too.

Severe pain in various joints at differing times. Tendons are sore all of the time. I feel good and then horrible in the course of one days time. I am stopping Enbrel as it has not helped. I went to rheumy today hoping for direction as I am close to stopping my career: he asked me what I want to do now. Are you kidding, I need someone to help me figure out me next step! I can’t stand the pain, I cry frequently because of the unbearable pain and no light at the end of the tunnel.

I hear you guys. Do you take a biologic? It has relieved a lot of that pain and stiffness for me. Don't give up, Pattie! There's something that could help you.....I used to say my joints felt like they were glued together and the glue was drying, so I'd have to stretch them constantly. Just being still for a couple minutes would make many of my joints lock up. It's so much better since being on Enbrel.

You put down EVERY pain I have... Typing hurts. I fall getting out of bed feet hurt so bad. Look like a drunk walking. Can't afford a Rhumy now that I've been out of work and no insurance. How did I get like this??? Any certain diet helping you guys here?

Try eating less sugar. Sugar seems to be a culprit. For foot neuropathy I used ice packs. For some pain, a heating pad helps. I can't imagine what you're going through with no access to a Rheumy. :-(

Tendonitis that marches around my body is the worst. It can settle in for long, or short visits. Some tendons always hurt now, but can calm down.
My lower back, SI joints and tendonitis in my ribs are my main areas right now. My last Remicade treatment was ineffective. I am currently on prednisone while I wait to see if this Remicade treatment will work.

Is Prednisone helping? I've taken it for Bronchitis and been thinking about giving it a try, just know ya can't be on it long term, but got to start somewhere with my backwoods doctors.

Prednisone works great-while you're on it, but I think it's the devil in disguise. I was on cloud nine while on it and told my physical therapist I didn't need p.t. anymore. Well, shortly after I finished the pred. taper all hell broke loose with my p and PsA. When I asked for prednisone again, my rheumy and internist flatly refused (they were trying to convince me to go on a biologic for a few years). Months later, I learned why.

My husband's on prednisone now and not complaining of any pain these past few days since he started the 20mg taper. I'll report back once he's finished in a couple weeks. I'm worried his pain will come back worse than ever. :(

Same happened to me. I have been on 15 mg, then 10 mg for a long time while switching to Remicade infusion. Last week when I saw my rheumy I told her I was doing better. She had me go down on my prednisone to one 5 mg tablet. I have been in great pain since day two of lower dosage, and my P is starting to come back. I have been on Prednisone different doses for a long time. Every time I lower it and try to stop, my PsA symptoms come back. I'm thinking the Remicade is not working that well, and I really, really want off Predisone. I have put off calling Rheumy cause I just don't know what to do.

Yes, prednisone is a double edged sword. I hate being on it, but sometimes it is the o my thing that stops a flare.