Enbrel

well apparently I am really puter illiterate..the blog I typed apparently did not connect for me! geesh lol

I posted a question in the main room..assuming now that is a chat room and cannot figure out how to get there.

so I will attempt again to type and submit a blog.

I am 52. diagnosed less than 4 years ago after more than 10 years trying to figure it out.

I have had side effect symptoms of 8 different medications including ALL we have tried for my PsA. the latest being to humira which did nadda for my symptoms..after 3 months off the rash is almost gone ( I like to hang onto these rashes apparently).

Rheumi last week said Enbrel would be our next choice..asked about skin side effect..told him allergist said 'stay clear of meds with a skin reaction' he said..'we have to do something for your PsA' so my questions..

has anyone had this reaction??

how bad was it??

if you were in my shoes...would you take the chance??

I did get a rash from Enbrel and then Humira. That was my order of meds. Then my doc tried Symposia(?sp) and no rash but no relief either. So she put me on the Remicad Infusion and I have been pain free and rash free for over 3 years!! The only difference my rash didn't hold on that long. Maybe your skin is much more sensitive than most, but I don't think I would try another SQ injection if it was that bad. Sound like you need another mode of treatment. I am a Remidad junky right now!!

well the rash started the other day!! after two injections..we are going to try adding a wee dose of prednisone to the mix..see if that will stop the rash..if not..back to the drawing board and will be asking rheumy about Remicad at my next appt in November.