Enbrel storage

I looked online and tried to find a discussion about this (I swear I read it can be out of the frig 14 days).....but I couldn't find anything!

So.....I took my auto-injector out of the frig yesterday, but I don't think I should inject it now because my throat started hurting and I could be coming down with a virus or something (our granddaughter had a mild fever about a week ago and has had a runny nose and cough ever since, and we babysit her).

Can Enbrel be at room temperature for 14 days?

I know Humira can but I don't know if the same applies to Enbrel, GrandmaJ. Why don't you ring the Enbrel helpline and check with them.

Omg duh! I didn’t think of that! Will do! Thanks, Jules!

Yes - can stay out for up to 14 days according to Enbrel site on travel.

www.enbrel.com/support/storage-and-travel/

Thanks AuroraB. I also just found the info on the medication sheet that comes with Enbrel. The details are it can be kept at room temp (68-77F or 20-25C) up to 14 days. Do not return to refrigerator after it has reached room temp. After 14 days it should be thrown away.

I finally finished the 10 days of penicillin and took my Enbrel injection that I had taken out of the frig 2 days before I started the penicillin, so 12 days at room temperature. I'm still alive!!!!

Well, that’s definitely good news! Hope you’re feeling better now.

Thanks, Rachael, yes I'm over the strep. The penicillin made food taste weird to me, but that was all. Oh, and it was annoying to have to set my alarm for midnight to take the fourth dose every day. But, I lived, and it was worth it to not worry about the strep turning into something worse. Normally, that wouldn't be a concern of mine. Happy to report that I didn't get any PsA symptoms missing two Enbrel shots! Yay for that!

Glad it all worked out okay!

Grandma J said:

Thanks, Rachael, yes I'm over the strep. The penicillin made food taste weird to me, but that was all. Oh, and it was annoying to have to set my alarm for midnight to take the fourth dose every day. But, I lived, and it was worth it to not worry about the strep turning into something worse. Normally, that wouldn't be a concern of mine. Happy to report that I didn't get any PsA symptoms missing two Enbrel shots! Yay for that!

Hurray! I forget how long have you been on Enbrel? That’s so wonderful your symptoms are well controlled. It’s been slow acting for me, I know it does work and getting compliments on my flexibility and “the look in my eyes” . some days just seem harder than they should be after such a stretch but I keep hearing it can take almost a year to get full benefit. I am so glad you’re feeling better now.

Thank you, Sybil and Rachael. Well, Rachael, I'm glad to hear your flexibility is improving and your eyes look happier!? I had noticed my eyes changed after I started feeling better from Enbrel, too! I've been on Enbrel almost 14 months now--1st dose was July 3, 2014-that date will forever be etched in my mind as a really good day in my life! But that's because Enbrel started working right away--within a couple days I felt a lot better--mostly my energy level went up. My stiffness started going away fast, too, and my psoriasis improved by 75% within just a few weeks! I'm so lucky--I wish it worked that well for everyone!!!

I felt so good riding bikes with the kids today--now, a few hours later my feet are killing me, but I'm still so grateful for how much better I feel these days because I'll never forget how awful I felt from PsA and so never want to go back to that place ever again! I hope you keep improving, Rachael! I know you're like 20 years younger than me and need all the energy to raise kids and work a hard, physical job.

And, Sybil, you have been through a lot lately--I sure hope the AA and psoriasis are soon just one of those yucky memories like we all have of past dealings with our disease!