Anyone have a temp of 101.5 or higher after starting Enbrel without cold/virus?

Third day after first injection I’m feeling wiped out. Took Tylenol for joint pain and checked my temp 45 min. later because I was feeling febrile. My temp is 101.5 with Tylenol on board. Could this be the medication working? Have no symptoms of cold/virus.

Hi Angela,

Not sure what others will say. My experience with Enbrel was great. I never experienced any side effects. It just stopped working for me. Could it be a simple coincidence that you have a fever? I’ve certainly experienced fevers and low temperatures for no apparent reason, only to get sick three days later. Do you think you may be incubating something? Just a thought. Hope it is nothing more sinister!

Hi Angela, I didn’t have that with Enbrel, though others might have different experiences. I’d consider it to be a significant temperature - I’d get to the doc because you should be checked for things like a silent UTI etc.

Thanks so much for the tips. I have taken Enbrel twice and never had fevers, either. I guess my body is fighting something off at the moment. Will continue to monitor. I messaged my Rheumy and she said to call my PCP. Thanks, again.