Double enbrel dose?

Has anyone done 50 mg TWICE a week with Enbrel?

I've exhausted all the other meds, and so my dr. and I decided to give the double Enbrel dose a shot (hahha I'm so funny). At this point, Enbrel is the only med (along with Arava), that does ANYTHING for me. But it's not working enough for me to have much of a life. So we're thinking more of the only thing that works might work. It might kill me, but so might a bus next week.

I've heard of the double dosage being done short term (a few months). Just wondered if anyone here and tried it, and if so, how did it go.

At this point, Enbrel is the only med (along with Arava), that does ANYTHING for me. But it's not working enough for me to have much of a life. So we're thinking

Yuck, I can't seem to edit my comment, only the replies. I have an extra sentence in there.

Every five days for me.......

No problems for over 2 years. FWIW the Dermi's regularly Rx Enbrel twice a week for P. (its the standard dose for that go figure)

I was on Enbrel 50mg twice weekly,it was working somewhat but not enough,I’m moving on to Remicade when the infusion center finally gets their act together.

Enbrel drops pretty much entirely out of your system in 3.5 - 5 days (depending on your body), so if you are worried about double, maybe ease into it by staring every 5 days for a month or so then up it further if you need to?

I took it every 5 days for 20 days and it was great. (then got on a plane to remote Africa and still no dramas).

Thanks everyone for your responses!

When I had a remission from Enbrel 11 yrs ago, the dosing was 25 mg 2x / week. I do have a history of processing meds very quickly. I think I will start every 5 days and see how that goes.