Enbrel dosing question?

Hi all, Ive been on enbrel 50mg once a week for about a month. It feels like it helps for about 5 days then starts to wear off. Anyone else experience this? Ive notices some folks take a shot every 4 or 5 days. Is this because it starts to wear off? Does the rheumy prescribe this easily? Does the insurance tend to be ok with this 5 day treatment?

Generally its no problem to increase the frequencey. How ever before you ask find some P somewhere I don't care if its a pencil lead size posing as a zit. Prescribing info for Psoraiasis clearly states twice a week is normal protocol. PsA isn't quite so clear. Your doc (actually prolly his assistant) will know how your insurance will react to a change and operate accordingly. Soemtimes having the script come from your Dermo smoothes the way for a problem, FWIW the half life of Enbrel (for average) is 2 - 3 days

I also had this same problem of Enbrel not lasting the full week. I had such a good response for the first two and half months. As time went on it seems to run out ever quicker but my Rheumy has advised to stay on it for another 4 months at the same dose in hope things will improve. My theory is one size dose does not fit all.

I'm currently on Enbrel every 4 days, though I may move to every 3 eventually (what I'm prescribed for). I process medications more quickly than normal, and always need a more frequent dosage. I needed Simponi every 3 weeks instead of 4, etc.

My insurance co. hasn't had trouble with this, because the doc. prescribed it that way.

One size definitely does not fit all.