Double-dosing Enbrel

So, as some of you already know, Enbrel has been approved for me and it's been ordered. They are going to do 2 shots a week!!!! But, I did read on an older discussion that is typical for P and it should be okay, right? I just don't want to go overboard and screw up anything. This tidbit should be in a different discussion: since my internist informed my dermatologist my former histoplasmosis left some nodules in (on?) my lungs, it is not 100% certain the histo won't come back because of my lowered immunity. So, we did a baseline chest x-ray today to have on file in case I develop symptoms of histo down the road. She also said I could take Sporenox (sp) but that comes with its side effects and warnings, too. So, we're just going to need to cross our fingers and hope those little nodules are simply scar tissue and present no danger. It's actually exciting to think I might be minus some icky disease symptoms in the near future--I'm gonna have to try not to be overly optimistic. Told my daughter today I will probably be depressed if the Enbrel doesn't work. :-(

The starting dose for Psoriasis is 2 shots a week. For PsA, one. You lucky lady – you’ve found the advantage of having psoriasis!

Good that you got the baseline x-ray of your lungs. Now full steam ahead, and keep your fingers crossed that it works as well for you as it has for many of us.

Two thumbs up!

Thanks, Seenie!!!

Seenie said:

The starting dose for Psoriasis is 2 shots a week. For PsA, one. You lucky lady – you’ve found the advantage of having psoriasis!

Good that you got the baseline x-ray of your lungs. Now full steam ahead, and keep your fingers crossed that it works as well for you as it has for many of us.

Two thumbs up!

Hahahaha, love your sense of humor!!!

Grandma J said:

Thanks, Seenie!!!

Seenie said:

Two thumbs up!

The double dose helps speed up the reduction of plaque psoriasis, but isn’t necessarily going to do anything for the arthritis that the normal dose won’t do (my opinion). The double dose may eat away at your co pay assistance card a bit quicker depending on your insurance. Otherwise I think you will be fine.

I have a $2,500/year deductible for my own medical ($5,000 family) with another $1,000 copays on top of that–which is almost all used up for this year so there should be more than enough $ on the card for the rest of this year. :-)br/>

mataribot said:

The double dose helps speed up the reduction of plaque psoriasis, but isn’t necessarily going to do anything for the arthritis that the normal dose won’t do (my opinion). The double dose may eat away at your co pay assistance card a bit quicker depending on your insurance. Otherwise I think you will be fine.

They are building a loading dose is all, you aren't really getting any more med as it goes to 50 mg/week after 3 mos.