Difficulty sleeping

I know I havent been on meds that long (MTX since May), but also had so many problems before I finally got to a rheumy to be diagnosed. The MTX on Monday nights makes me wide awake all night. Cant seem to sleep the night i take them, but takes me 2 days sleep to catch up. Anyone else have this problem?

I don’t, but have you tried taking your dose first thing in the morning instead of right before bed? It might help just adjusting the time of day that you take it.

That is a familiar side effect! Happen to me as well. MTX kills your cells, it’s possible to get drug induced anemia. Cycling the folic acid is suppose to help, but it did not for me. Note: it’s possible for the disease itself to cause anemia. I’d contact your Rhumey, they might want to draw blood.

I’ve always had problems with sleep, if I got to sleep before 30mins to an hour I was doing well. Waking during the night for several hours was very common.

I’ve been on amitriptyline for quite a few years now as a pain moderator for migraines and sleep better.

I’ve not noticed MTX making my sleeping worse other than when experiencing severe nausea (now on an antiemetic) That said I feel more tired now then before diagnosis