De-stressing/unwinding

Wow, Bumble is feeling good if he can get the guns out! Yipee! Love the pugs, Jade!

If my wrist and hand cooperate, I'm going to get my throwing knives out this week!

@Bumble - Corgi's are sweet!

@SK Thanks, my pugs are wonderful! Yes, what a bash we'd have!

@Seenie, I'll make non alchoholic "Mocktails" in my Vitamix for the mtx challenged!

Went through a couple hundred rounds all told today. .22, 9mm, .40 s+w, and .223 rem. No pain in my hands at all :slight_smile: We’ll see how tomorrow goes… Came back home and had jalapeno cheddar sausage, roasted redskin potatoes, and then a hot fudge sunday so big my stomach feels like it’s going to pop :wink:

Throwing knives… Hmmmmm, I’ve been meaning to get another hobby…

Add the gun range, and the knife throw, to the 'BASH'!! So glad that you had a great day, Bumble! You wicked thing , Jade!! Bet hubs gives you no lip!!!! LOL!!!

Oh, Bumble, didn't your rheumatologist warn you about chocolate?

Seenie

bumble said:

Went through a couple hundred rounds all told today. .22, 9mm, .40 s+w, and .223 rem. No pain in my hands at all :) We'll see how tomorrow goes... Came back home and had jalapeno cheddar sausage, roasted redskin potatoes, and then a hot fudge sunday so big my stomach feels like it's going to pop ;)

Throwing knives... Hmmmmm, I've been meaning to get another hobby...

I'll be there, Jade!

DMaraJade said:

@Seenie, I'll make non alchoholic "Mocktails" in my Vitamix for the mtx challenged!

Does chocolate cause issues for some people with auto-immune disease? I gave up all sweets and bread for Lent and it made no difference (did lose a bit of squish though). To be honest, I haven’t noticed any difference with diet. Tried no gluten, tried high protein, low protein, high carbs, low carbs, high fat, low fat, paleo, you name it. Only difference was in my patience and how irritable I was. There are some things I avoid because they give me migraines, but other than that I eat what sounds good. Usually it’s home-made and fairly healthy. I know some people have noticed a huge difference by changing diet-and I would definitely suggest everyone at least look into it. I don’t eat sweets of any kind with much regularity, just special occasions.

Hello all...my destressors are reading and trying to garden. I used to have huge perennial beds and beautiful green lawn, but now rock instead of grass and small beds or container plants. I love to read inspirational fiction which really lifts me up...I too only listen to the local Christian music station Z88.3 and sing right along with them. We no longer attend church services on a routine basis due to sitting issues but my faith is the center of my being. We have wonderful song birds to listen to as well and I love trying to pick out which one is singing what song. These things just kind of take me away like the calgon commercial used to say.

A bash for us all...that would be AWSOME!! What fun we would have for sure!

As for the chocolate with auto-immune disease...I can't have chocolate anymore or any caffeine/stimulants due to getting cystitis every time. I just isn't worth the pain...but never thought about the fact this could be related. HHHmmmm something to research...Lamb what say you on this subject?

Bumble, so nice to meet you, love your stories about your son; wife; and your hobby of shooting. I used to love to go shooting...not anymore though (I don't shake hands well either). I used to love archery as well but not with the shoulder issues now. Oh well, I have the memories though and those will never leave me!

Bumble, Bumble ... My rheumatologist hasn't said anything about chocolate either, thank goodness! I think that's because chocolate (especially dark chocolate) is essential for de-stressing.

;-)

Phew, you had me worried for a bit there

Good source of magnesium too!

My way of relaxing/de-stressing these days would definitely by my two dogs....pure, unconditional love. They know when I am feeling more pain or sad, or when I am having a good day. All they ask for in return is a little snuggle or two and a pet now and then, and to be near me whenever possible. I can't imagine my life without them. Dogs really do make the world a better place. (and some dark chocolate now and then too....!)

I go for the low-sugar, dark, dark chocolate...for the antioxidants yeah right ;) LOL

bumble said:

Does chocolate cause issues for some people with auto-immune disease? I gave up all sweets and bread for Lent and it made no difference (did lose a bit of squish though). To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference with diet. Tried no gluten, tried high protein, low protein, high carbs, low carbs, high fat, low fat, paleo, you name it. Only difference was in my patience and how irritable I was. There are some things I avoid because they give me migraines, but other than that I eat what sounds good. Usually it's home-made and fairly healthy. I know some people have noticed a huge difference by changing diet-and I would definitely suggest everyone at least look into it. I don't eat sweets of any kind with much regularity, just special occasions.

I don't eat it often, but I want the milk chocolate, I don't drink milk, so I'm going to eat milk chocolate, and I am still a fan of chocolate marshmallow milkshakes, a little milk there too. Still don't have much of an appetite, maybe the 4 montis of MX killed that for life!

They are sweet!

dani7865 said:

My way of relaxing/de-stressing these days would definitely by my two dogs....pure, unconditional love. They know when I am feeling more pain or sad, or when I am having a good day. All they ask for in return is a little snuggle or two and a pet now and then, and to be near me whenever possible. I can't imagine my life without them. Dogs really do make the world a better place. (and some dark chocolate now and then too....!)