Combining Otezla with Taltz

Hi All,
Starting with Otezla as DMARD alongside the Taltz injection.
Arava was giving nerve problems in my feet. Very exited about this as I was on Otezla before and it worked well.
Will keep ye posted how it works out.

4 Likes

Good luck! Hope you get outstanding results. Looking forward to reading your update.

1 Like

Well, the fatigue is practically gone!!:blush: Unfortunately that makes me forget when to stop and I have sore hands and wrists as a result of too much gardening!!:joy:

2 Likes

Oh that is so wonderful!

1 Like

So, nearly 4 months into it now.
My fatigue is still under control. Joint pain and morning stiffness are minimal and my lower back pain (which was crippling) is at a very low level.
During the last 4 months I did have a flare after we my father passed away. This lasted 3 weeks. After it subsided, the symptoms return to the levels just described.
I’ll keep ye all posted as time progresses.

2 Likes

So sorry about your father, that must have been so tough. But that seems like awfully good news meds wise.

1 Like

Yeah, it was tough alright.
But this meds thing seems to be a very good combo

Update:
I haven’t been on the site for a while as things took a bit of a turn again.
Needless to say, Taltz stopped working in Nov.21. Was in agony with especially my hands and wrist and back. Received injections in my wrists and nerve ablation in back. Have good relief, but wrists and fingers, elbows, knees, ankles, feet… Etc all started joing in the concert, including debilitating fatigue. Was put on Infliximab and pulse methylpred inf. This worked mediocre as I don’t really respond very well to TNF treatment.
Then my mother passed away suddenly. Long story short, all hell broke loose.
Work (the physical kind) for me is looking more and more unlikely.
My rheumatologist (and physio) have, independently from one another, advised me to that length.
Infliximab is now abandoned and I’m after methylpred again.
Future is looking uncertain, both health and life.

I hate to say it, but I had little luck with Taltz. I have done Enbrel, Cosentx, Humira, and then Taltz. My doc keeps looking for something to do more and he was concerned about my hands. I was only on the Taltz for 7 months. I got worse and he changed me to Tremfya.

The Tremfya is holding its own even with me under a lot of stress. We are going to stay on it at least until Summer. If things are not better, my doc is going to an infusion. He thinks that with my size, 6’5" and 300 lbs, the pre-loaded syringes are just not enough. He even switched me to Humira every week. He thinks dosing me with an infusion based on my weight my work better. We is willing to keep looking as long as I am.

1 Like