Cherry Juice

Hi there does anyone drink cherry juice for their inflammation? Heard it helps a lot. Will try anything!!!

My mom gets it sometimes for gout. Sounds like a good idea. I think I might try it. I'm with you-willing to try about anything.

It says it has to be the tart cherry juice. My super walmart has the organic kind I guess. It has to be the 100% cherry. Going today,will let you know of it helps at all.

I tried tart cherry juice from the organic health food store but did not see any benefit.

Ok tried the cherry juice and started on sulfasalazine. Had a really good day today but not sure what it is from because the pills usually don't kick in for a few weeks. Could it be the cherry juice lol Im not going to drink any tomorrow and see.

Sour Cream Raisen Pie is also a health food. If you consider the components........

I've found that it helps with the osteoarthritis in my back. I can now make it through an entire grocery shopping trip without being in pain. It hasn't touched the PsA induced inflammation in my hands. Because I have Type 2 diabetes, I limit myself to only 4 oz a day.

We also picked a bunch of Nettle recently and dried it for tea as well as cooking. I'm thinking of making some nettle pesto.

sybil said:

No but I've just been picking nettle heads for nettle soup. I've always made it anyway because it's very nice, but traditionally it is meant to be good for 'rheumatism'.

I drink it occasionally, not consistently as they don't sell it on our Island but I do purchase it when shopping on the mainland. I'm not sure I drink it enough to make a difference but I have made a lot of diet changes and feel that too has helped with overall health :-)

My co-worker informed me about Nettles a few years back for allergies. She drinks a lot of nettle tea during allergy season. We started picking last year and the year prior my co-worker gave me a bag. It really is great and there is an abundance on this small Island! Someone mentioned I should try making the pesto as they had made it and it was great! I'm going to google for a recipe on line and try it out :-) I currently use nettle in my lasagna and spaghetti sauce.
sybil said:

A lot of folk might think we're barking, but nettles are good aren't they, and free and very nutritious. Nettle pesto - that's advanced!

TaraLynn said:

We also picked a bunch of Nettle recently and dried it for tea as well as cooking. I'm thinking of making some nettle pesto.