CCCOLD and hurting

Wow. Woke up this morning and looked outside only to see about 1/2-3/4 inches of ice coating every available surface. Guess the weather guys weren't kidding when they said we would have freezing rain all night. I'm so very bummed. I was supposed to leave early this morning to go pick up my oldest kiddo who is living with my parents to finish his senior year of high school. Glad I cancelled today's sojourn, however, as there was a 15 car pileup not all that far from my house. I'm hoping we can go get him either tomorrow or Monday. It just won't seem like Christmas without both my boys here.

On another note: The furnace in my house keeps shutting down. I'm huddled here in front of the computer wearing jeans, socks, snowboots, shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, throw, hat, and gloves. (I took the gloves off long enough to type). This is so no bueno! My hands and wrists feel like they are encased in concrete with razor blades digging into the skin. The rest of me isn't much better. Not sure what we can do about it right at the moment, as the landlord isn't answering their phone. grrrr. Guess its time to go back to bed and snuggle under the electric blanket.

**Crossing fingers and praying fervently that we don't lose electricity.

Wow, that sounds BAD. Sorry you can't get your son, and best wishes for your furnace to settle down and work!

Good news, the weather is clearing up, so I'm going tomorrow to pick him up. My parents are meeting me 1/2 way-ish in Austin, Texas. Also, my wonderful, terrific hubby has figured out how to keep the furnace going! So we have heat, I'll have both boys here with me for Christmas, and all is right in my world.

Glad to hear that the situation is improved. Is your son home now?