Can't sleep

Wow ! Thanks for posting the info about antibiotics Marietta ! This is why I love this forum - I'm always learning new things.

I’m doing better today, thank you Seenie, I got Amoxicillin for my sinus infection and its warmer and sunny out. I’m sorry if I worried anyone, I use to be so active up until 5 months ago, I was always on the go and wouldn’t stop sometimes until 8 in the evening, now I feel awful. I hate having this disease and I’m upset about it.

Seenie said:

Hope, I’m so sorry that you are having such a difficult time, and I can understand why, just now, you feel the way you do. At this point, it doesn’t feel like you’ll ever get better, but you will enjoy life again. Many of us have felt that way in the period between diagnosis and finding treatment that works. It gets better.

Please, will you promise us that you will do these things –

Tell your partner or someone in your immediate family that you feel like ending it.

Tell your doctor when you see him/her tomorrow.

You owe it to those who care about you, and that includes those of us here.

If you click on the “Discussion” link above, you will see a number for a crisis line where you can talk to someone who will listen sympathetically to you. Please consider calling it. The number is

1-800-273-TALK.

Hope, will you promise me and everyone here that you will reach out and ask for help? Please post back saying that you will, and let us know how it goes at the doctor’s tomorrow.

Hope, thanks for checking in. I’m a bit less worried about you now. It’s hard, I know. But you and your docs will find the treatment that makes you feel better. Until then, you have to be a patient patient. And that’s hard too. But you will get there.

I’m glad the sun is peeking out from behind those dark clouds for you.

Good deal... the sun is the best thing in the world for this silly stuff. It can make you feel like a different person. More sun is on the way in bits and pieces- but it is going to get considerably warmer soon, as well, it's fifty-five here today. I am sorry that this has been so rough on you. It is going to feel so much better in a few weeks. as things take hold and it warms up!

I tried anti depressants and all they did for me was make me so tuned out that I had no "ME" left inside and that was no fun for an artist wanna be. I did boost the vitamins and it helped, just a good daily multi with extras that my reumy said a lady my age ( to put it delicately;) should have and it helped. I tried a therapist and that didn't help either. I did read a couple Dr. Wayne Dyer books on healing and being healed and it helped me learn to focus my thoughts. I am not usually into that self help stuff but he has some good ideas to help you meditate away the brain fog and pain issue so you can rest/sleep. Nothing special just a combination of relaxation stuff.

Have a good day.... wishing you bright skies tomorrow! XXXXX

Hope, It is never easy to crawl out of depression that doesn't include chronic pain, let alone the depression that comes with such a burden. Reaching out and asking for support is the best possible thing for you to do. I work with severely mentally ill adults, and it is often hardest for those who had full lives before they got sick. Hardest initially, anyway. Those people also have more inner resources to access, and I bet it's much the same for formally active people with chronic physical illnesses.

The shot is really not bad. It's like plucking a little hair, but less painful. More creepy than anything! I'd do it just before bed, though. I've learned to set myself up for almost instant fatigue with a book and a fresh cup of tea. :)

Hi Hope, sorry you are having trouble with meds. Nasea is horrible, to say the least. may a remission come to you.

I guess I'm still struggling with why so many folks are on the mtx. Is it because the Humira/Embrell is not doing enough? I've been on Humira only, for 6 months (plus an occasional ibuprophen) and the residual aches and pains I'm learning to live with because I don't want to cause any further med damage. I can't sleep most of the time due to pain, but I believe that's due to my fancy sleep number bed that is just a joke! (Don't fall for the ads!) I hope "Can't Sleep" is finding answers and possibly an alternative to the MTX! Good luck.

Melody, as I understand it, MTX is often continued while people are on the biologicals because it’s felt that the slight immunosuppression which MTX gives, prevents the body from producing antibodies to the Enbrel (or Humira or whatever). Kind of an insurance policy.

Hope, have you started the injectable? How is it going and how re you feeling?

Sorry that you are not well. I have had problems sleeping lately too. I drink alot of chamomile tea. See if the doctor will call in rx for the sinus infection before that gets you sicker.

I was experiencing nausea with MTX…doctor had me on one tab of folic acid then upped it to three a day. It eliminated the nausea for me.