Calf pain?

Does anyone else experience severe calf pain? I can't stand for long, walking or moving is better but then I pay once I do sit down. Is this related to PSA or maybe something else? My joint pain from PSA seems to be well controlled right now in my feet, ankles and hands, which are usually my worst. I saw my primary doctor last week, got the lecture "lose weight, get more exercise", and see an orthopedic next week. (That "get more exercise" part is sometimes just laughable). I know I need new knees but, other than not working, they don't give me that much pain. Could the calf pain be related to my knees? My friends who have had knee replacements say they had pain 24/7 in their knees... my pain is not in my knees. Any ideas? Wish I could get all the pain under control at once... LOL! If it's not one thing, it's ten...

I'm feeling so disabled and helpless...my calves are killing me! Thanks for any input.

Sandy

Calf pain serious pain that should be evaluated. If they are red and warm immediately as in rush to the ER. Unless its the lower half only it is unlikely to be PsA related. In the lower half it sometimes related to that wonderful achilles type tendonitis we get. The only treatment. is exercise (and losing weight) The get more exercise unless you want more pain, more severe pain, permanent loss of mobility and function, and longer lasting pain is never laughable. painful as hell without a lot of promise of being better. No you won't damage anything.

Thanks, Lamb... Nothing serious to suggest DVT.

Thats good! You know you have been around long enough I consider you teasable right??? I would try wrapping the calves in hot moist towels when sitting IF YOU ARE SURE its nothing else

LOL... Yes, I am teasable! I'm sure it is nothing else, even the doctor was sure on Friday. This calf pain has been going on for months (with prednisone it was better, but I hate prednisone). Doctor thinks I am just out of shape, but I should surely be able to stand on my own two feet, LOL! Thanks for the input.