Bumps after increased inflammation subsides

I'm just wondering if anyone else is left with a bump on a joint after an increase in inflammation? The swelling in my middle toe is starting to go down, however there is a noticeable bump on the side of the joint. I had a flare in my baby finger back in April of this year and was left with a bump that disappeared after three months. This seems to be a new pattern with flares in my fingers and toes. Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,

Tara

It's not a cyst but rather one area remains inflamed for a prolonged period.

Sound similar to rheumatoid nodules (though those are often permanent)

I thought so too however they go away over time. It's more like one area remains inflamed. When completely inflamed it looks like a sausage (Dactylitis) but then the swelling subsides except for one area.

Marietta said:

Sound similar to rheumatoid nodules (though those are often permanent)

yeah--I have a couple of spots on my third toe (not the one that swells up) and the doc said it's just the usual stuff. I may or may not go away. But it isn't doing anything bad to the joint. At least that was what I was lead to believe.

I have that. But I did notice that on x-ray, one of those "bumps" appears to be permanent. I'm not sure about other ones. I have a few that haven't gone away at all.

I have a few lumps on my feet that are permanent. One on the side of my left foot up from my big toe and another on the top of my right foot, both places have had flares in the past. They are hard lumps, the one currently on my toe is more like swelling in one area only. I tried to put a picture up but have no idea how to get them on my computer from my phone. I emailed them and thought I saved them, but they are not showing up :-( It's a new operating system...somewhat frustrating.

Rheumatic nodules? That’s what my doc called them, but mine go away too. I prefer “mystery lumps”. They appear wherever, and stay for however long… I’m hoping they show up on my MRIs tomorrow. I’d like to know what they look like inside.

Maybe GrumpyCat. You're having an MRI tomorrow, that's great, Hope it all goes well!

GrumpyCat said:

Rheumatic nodules? That's what my doc called them, but mine go away too. I prefer "mystery lumps". They appear wherever, and stay for however long... I'm hoping they show up on my MRIs tomorrow. I'd like to know what they look like inside.