Nodules

Hi All,

It’s been a while since I’ve been on this site. I’ve been doing really well, but I haven’t been taking my meds for at least six months (lost my job and insurance). I recently picked up exercising and running; I feel great. Haven’t had a flare, no signs or symptoms of this dreadful disease (knock on wood)…until a day or two ago when I notice what appears to be a nodule on my left pinky toe knuckle.

Can these things be removed? What happens if it gets worse? Is this thing going to hinder my fitness goals? Is this a sign of my disease progressing?

Ugh, this is frustrating just when I think I’m doing good…

Thoughts, suggestions, comments please. Thank you

I get some of these, mostly on my fingers on the IP joints. They are very painful when they are inflamed, but not bothersome otherwise. They are less noticeable when they are not inflamed, but still there. Does this sound like what you’re describing?

It doesn’t hurt all the time, I just noticed it the other day so I hadn’t really felt it much before, plus, I’ve been running so I couldn’t tell if it was related or not. It is red and raised but it looks more like the joint is growing. I don’t know how to upload a photo from my phone. It kind of reminds me of a swollen knuckle.

I get these around my knuckles as well. Sometimes they are painful, other times they are just full of fluid. They happen after I have a hard or stressful day. Keep and eye on them.