Biologics, here we go

Well, I took the most recent dose about 36 hours ago, and I’m still alive, and the chest is much better. So, either it’s a nervous thing, or it was just one of those random things we get from time to time for no apparent reason. Well, i think so anyway"

1 Like

Not to scare you, darinfan, but stress can be very dangerous. Especially when you feel it in your chest and you’re having anxiety, anger, or tension. I never realized how bad stress was until I had the blockage. I never had chest pain or tightness when I was moving around, either. I had it mostly at work when a certain student worker…oh well, I won’t go into that again…but it’s amazing what it can do to you, your heart, I mean.
If it continues maybe your doctor will do an EKG and stress test and they can even do a CT Scan of your heart if they’re at all suspicious of any arteries looking abnormal.
Lately, when I get stressed, my chest gets tight and I even have the weird pain like I had with the blockage. It’s scary. Three times recently I’ve chewed the 4 baby aspirins and then I was fine…the tightness you’re having may or may not be PsA related–if you do think it’s your heart, the recommendation is to chew 4 baby aspirins (or one 325mg aspirin) and call the doctor if the symptoms go away and then come back a few hours later.
Good luck! And, it’s so great to hear how well you’re doing on Benepali–I had never heard of that one, and it’s bio-similar? So is it less costly? It’s so amazing how fast it worked (I had the same luck with Enbrel). What a nice Christmas present for you!!! :heart_eyes:

The GP pretty much ruled out a heart thing, as it apparently didn’t fit the pattern. Although I have asked for any heart-related blood tests to be done next time I have to have some done for PsA, since Mum had her heart problem a few months ago. It’s not that long since they were done, so I doubt anything is happening on that line. This wasn’t painful, it just felt tight. But considering it wore off when I got myself occupied, I think it’s just in my head! I have been a bit out of breath the last week or so now I have been able to walk further - but that just me being unfit after not being able to walk for so long. I’m making sure I go out for a walk each day at the moment, so I get strength back in my legs. Over-estimated how far I could go today, but these things happen.

Oddly it feels so strange being able to do stuff again. Even that is kind of stressful. Adjusting again to yet another “new normal!” But this week is much calmer in general. Mum has calmed down again, which is a big help. I was struggling to cope with her last week and her panics regarding Christmas. And that may well have sparked my own issues. There’s only so much we can deal with at a time!

4 Likes