I'm graduating

Had my rheumy appointment yesterday. I knew in mid April, sulfasalazine just decided to stop working after nearly 6 rather nice months. I had the good old steroid shot in the bum which lasted barely 3 weeks so I hobbled rather than strode into my appointment yesterday after a long train journey.

Turns out I’m now the worst I’ve even been. Found out joints were tender which I didn’t know were either. I lost count on the joint count so will have to wait for the letter.

As a result I’m to be started on Benpali the bio-similar to Enbrel. It was chosen because mxt hates me and Humira works better when it’s taken with mxt. It was also chosen because it’s a weekly injection instead of a monthly one so easier to manage if other things interfere.

I must say I’m glad. These last 6 weeks or so have been rather exhausting. So had more vials of blood taken than normal and some xrays and within about 3 weeks or so I should be starting.

Let’s hope it likes me and does its stuff quickly. I’m in need of having a decent summer this year given last year I spent the summer dealing with two fractures in my pelvis.

So onward and upward.

1 Like

It would help if I spelt it correctly too. It’s Benepali!

That’s great news, that you’ll starting a biologic! Fingers crossed that this first one works you.

1 Like

Never mind the spelling, that is great news indeed!

You’ve been so stoical & strong Poo, you totally deserve a good result and the best summer in ages. Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks both of you - here’s hoping!