Are your your holiday decorations still up?

I confess, mine are. I'm enjoying the pretty lights still. My husband is getting antsy to take everything down, after all, it is several weeks past the holidays we celebrate!

But it's a big job to put everything away. I wanted to post in case those people having flares are feeling stressed that their house is still decorated, because they can't spare the energy to take it down...you aren't the only one!

Mine are down, but only because we didn't put much up this year and my kids helped take everything down. Otherwise, they'd probably still be up! :)

The tree in the family room was turning brown so my fiance took it down this past week. My tree in the formal living room is still green but dried out.... My birthday party is tomorrow and I am sure we will get some jokes about my decorations still being up. I don't blame you, I don't have the energy either :)

I'm also a January b-day (the 11th), and in my family growing up we had THREE Jan b-days, so we always left the tree up for them. One of my kids has a Jan b-day (the 3rd), so we leave the tree of until the 2nd week, usually. Later than that? It's just me not having energy.

Scared_Newbie81 said:

The tree in the family room was turning brown so my fiance took it down this past week. My tree in the formal living room is still green but dried out.... My birthday party is tomorrow and I am sure we will get some jokes about my decorations still being up. I don't blame you, I don't have the energy either :)

All my christmas deco is still up. Including my wreath on the front door...lol! My boyfriend said today that I am not allowed to decorate anymore cause I dont take things down. I looked at him and said calmly...I call it my Mardi Gras tree and deco...he just laughed and shook his head. I have been sick with tonsilitis and sinusitis since the beginning of January. It only cleared this past week but I had multiple dr appts and I'm in a flare so the deco stays! Hope everyone gets to feeling well soon

I did take my decorations down before the new year. We only had a tree, lights in the and a merry Christmas sign. I made my children help.

Mine are down, but I only did the tree and stockings this year. I kept meaning to put the wreath on the door, and put up my little snow village, and do lights, but it never quite happened. The kids and my husband helped take everything to put in storage, so all I did was take the ornaments off of the tree.

I’m sure if I had been more ambitious with my decorations, most of them would still be out too.

The ONLY reason I got mine down was that I was on a round of Medrol. I felt pretty good for a few days. I knew if I didn't take advantage of that, they would have still been up!! That was the weekend of the 12th.

I tried not to put up alot, so it wouldn't be such a chore to get them down, but of course.........

The only reason I got everything UP in the first place was a cortisone shot in my butt LOL.

My husband finally took everything down on Sunday. I have moved into Valentine's Day mode. Last year I missed it completely due to not feeling well. My 12yo and I are making a pretty paper chain for window and mantle.

pleborio said:

The ONLY reason I got mine down was that I was on a round of Medrol. I felt pretty good for a few days. I knew if I didn't take advantage of that, they would have still been up!! That was the weekend of the 12th.

I tried not to put up alot, so it wouldn't be such a chore to get them down, but of course.........

If you do it right You can use a lot of the Christmas Lights for Cinco de Mayo.

Or seeing as there real is no rules on this sort of thing, you could instead of being late taking them down, Early putting them up.

Or you are traditional Irish, Scottish, or Norwigan Catholic who celebrate according to the Gregorian Calendar and do not take down your Christmas decorations until 20 days after "Little Christmas" (ephiphany) and thus have another week or twobefore you even start to feel guilty (even on the Julian Calendar you have 4 days)

I did not put much up this year either. My shopping was primarily through the internet. I did not bake, I gave $5 Bojangles cards instead. I must say, it was the least stressful Christmas to date!