Apremilast Otezela

After having fairly good control of the PsA beast using Enbrel and prednisolone for several years, my comprised immune system allowed a nasty bug (Norcardia) to get into my system through a cut in my finger resulting in a huge abscess on my prostate which burst and nearly killed me. I spent the month in hospital and 3 months after that without any medication for the PsA, with almost no symptoms. Then I had the granddaddy of flares which had me spending days in bed and really handicapped in a way I have never experienced.

The rheumatologist and other docs were reluctant for me to go back on Enbrel as the bug can stay hiding in the system for up to 12 months. Enter Otzela and after about 6 weeks I'm feeling better than I have for a decade. And no side affects.

Thank you Otzela!

That is horrible, but hooray for the happy ending! Way to go, Otezla! Thanks for sharing this story, Allan! It's always so encouraging when people tell us their doom and gloom situation turned around in such a positive way. I'm sure you were beginning to lose hope!

So glad you're doing well!

Talk about finding a light at the end of a very dark tunnel! And better than in decades to boot? My rheumy has offered otezla since MTX is no longer an option but I have been leary about trying it since it is so new. I really appreciate your sharing your experience . Hope you continue to have such wonderful results!

So glad you've had no side effects, Allan, and that your health is restored. (My Otezla story included a lot of gastric distress (toot toot) and killer headaches but luckily that all subsided after about 6-8 weeks.) Nice to hear a good medication story!

OH WOW. Allan, I'm amazed! But I'm also horrified at what happened to you. What a horrible horrible thing -- I'm so sorry, and I'm so glad that you've not only recovered, but that you're feeling better than you have for ages. Great testimonial for Otezla!

We get people here wondering about Otezla, and there have been several folks who have done well with it. Can't remember a report as positive as yours, though!

So glad you're back: a report like yours give us all hope that things can get better.

Don't disappear on us again, mate!