Anyone using Hizentra?

This past year I was diagnosed with primary immune deficiency and started on Hizentra. The Hizentra definitely helps with fatigue and other issues, but I am experiencing a psoriasis and PsA flare. I do not know if the Hizentra and psoriasis are related or just a coincidence.

One note: I be started on methotrexate or a different medication in a week or two (headed off on vacation so rheumy wants to wait until I come back. He knows about the Hizentra and said it should not be a problem.

Thanks!

1 Like

I was actually diagnosed first with PID, then I got my PsA diagnosis. Are you doing ok?

What we long suspected was confirmed by studies in 2017 is that Hizenentra negates the effect of bioolgics They started using IVIG (hizenentra is a form) in the late 90’s to treat treatment-resistant psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis with some success. They quit shortly when research showed that it was NOT a immune deficiency In ther sense of underactive - more later) causing the problem at all but rather overactivity of a portion of the immune system that was causing the problem.

Where it really went horse s*** was the snake oil salesmen (supplements) and Naturpaths starrted selling forms of LGG (different than LgG) as a cure/treatment (pretentding it was LgG. LGG (rather slyly named proving the snake oil origins) is a probiotic using Lactobacillus rhamnosus. Lactobacillus rhamnosus is a transient inhabitant not normal gut flora. In any event you will get more of it eating sauerkraut than in a $60.00 bottle of pills.

There is little doubt that not only does Hizentra negate the effects of the far more effective Biologics, but the supplements trying to mimic it do too. https://www.centerforbiosimilars.com/conferences/aaaai-annual-meeting/case-study-indicates-ivig-may-counteract-adalimumab Hizentra is pretty much a non issue anymore.
PID is a description of a group of Primary immunodeficiency diseases (PI) are a group of more than 350 chronic disorders in which part of the body’s immune system is missing or functions improperly as the result of genetic defects. Some of these disorders can and do inculde over active immune systems. In short “deficient” in this case simply means its broken. An actual diagnoses of what is broken is necessary to treat. Seronegative aropathy (PsA) is one for them.