Have you tried Cosentyx

I heard of a biologic called Cosentyx. I found out from their website that I will qualify for free medicine. I am seeing my rhumetologist Tuesday and will ask about it.

Has anyone tried this? I am wondering how your experience with it went if you have.

1 Like

Have been using it for about a month and seem to feel ok, improvement of symptoms, am also taking prednisone 5mg alternate days and methotrexate 10 mg once a week, also am on a no gluten vegan with occasional fish, have been on medications since maybe june and at the moment have stopped taking patrol painkiller and legs seem better have not used walking stick recently. It is probably a good thing, congratulations!

Kmwestmo

Welcome to our community! Great to see you posting.

If you look at the upper right of your screen, you will see a gold circle “K”. Just to the left of that is a magnifying glass. If you click on it and then key “Cosentyx” in, you will get quite a lot of information. Now for a good trick: if you comment on any of those discussion threads, the members who are on it will get an email notification of your comment or question.

Another thing that you can do is use those threads to find members who you’d like to “speak” to. When you do, click on their avatar and you will see a “Message” option to click on. Doing that will send them a private message.

I hope you find the information you are looking for!

1 Like

I love it and I’m in month 2! No more psoriasis & very very little joint pain! It’s done wonders for me! Good luck!!

1 Like

I’m in month, what, 5 or 6? Just doubled my dose for the second month in a row. I saw good benefits to begin but they would fade out about halfway through the month and the last week pre-shot would be fatigue-tastic. Doing better on the double dose.

Interestingly, though, I seem to get rebound psoriasis after each shot. It is getting better each time. I had such bad psoriasis flares the first two months in places I haven’t ever gotten psoriasis before. But it passes by the third week each time.

2 Likes