Anti-Inflammatory Diet

So I have been reading about the anti-inflammatory diet and was thinking of giving it a try. I am wondering if any of you have had good or bad results with it or did you notice a difference at all. It seems it will be a little expensive so I wanted to get some feedback before going to the grocery store and spending 200 dollars!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jodi

I just looked it up. It sounds healthy...and, like you said "expensive".

For the most part it basically says eat healthy foods that are low in saturated fat, not processed, low wheat flour, lower sugar/no HFcorn syrup. "TO" eat more fruits, veggies, plenty of water, fiber and omega3.

I think if you break it down to a simple formula of "eating healthy" it makes more sense. For me it makes it seem less gimicky and more practical. It doesn't mean you have to go out and buy special foods at a high priced health store. You just can't go buy pre-packaged meals and junkfood.

I stand by 100% Whey Protien isolate shakes once a day. I get the GNC stuff, They are low calories (100-120 with cold water), low sugar, have omegs3, other vitamins and, whey is a low lactose fast digesting protien at about 30g per serving. It basically replaces ONE whole meal.

Or another way to put it: if it tastes good spit it out.

TNT, That about sums it up!lol

It is definitely more expensive. I’m on an anti-inflammatory diet for IBS. It really helps the IBS symptoms and I feel good knowing that I am eating well. I went to see a nutritionist when I started it. The diet is a pretty big change and I wanted to make sure I was still getting all of the nutrients I need and enough variety. She was really helpful at helping me figure out what I CAN eat.

I haven’t noticed any improvement on the PsA front and I’ve been in this diet for several months or so. I am glad that I am eating better. Hopefully, that will prevent some of the other nasty junk that we with PsA are more prone to.

Lamb - not true!!! I make honey bread that will knock socks off!

Please share the recipe. I don't use honey because of the immuno-supresent drugs I take (same reason you don't give it to babies.) But baked in bread it should be okay. But then we are gluten free (my wife is , I cheat..... )

Oh, she’ll be so happy then! It’s gluten free and yummy. I’ll post the recipe when I can get up my stairs to the recipe box!

Thanks I would love the recipe also!

I made modifications to my diet like reduced sugar or substituting with coconut sugar, down to 1 cup of good quality coffee/day, plenty of herbal teas, water, apple cider vinegar in water, fresh foods, juicing, limited chocolate… I lost a few kg’s, felt good but didn’t notice a consistent improvement with P or PsA. I’m not strict with my foods and maybe thats my downfall. i love dairy and haven’t yet given it up completely and ill also Have the occasional blow out on ice cream, red wine when I need it!!! I think this is what they call a balanced diet and I’m not sure I could commit to anything more than this with a young family & tight schedule. If someone could guarantee that I would be PsA free if I gave up ‘such n such’ foods, I’d do it, but I haven’t yet been convinced that would happen & I feel sometimes that some foods are my small guilty pleasures in this seemingly cruel life!! Sorry for the vent!!!

I've looked into the 'inflammatory reducing' diets but I have some food allergies and a lot of food sensitivities. I've just found that certain foods I cannot eat. Flare ups cause by food I thought couldn't happen but boy was I wrong. I cannot eat peppers, tomatoes or bananas to name a few. Even the SMELL of peppers makes me start to feel tight in my joints. It's crazy, I know but it's true. I agree with others when they say eating healthy is more of the way to go. Less processed, less sat. fats, etc.