And now for something completely different

You lot are toooooo funny. That sounds beyond great! Global warming has given a nice boost to your wine industry, hasn’t it? Cooked breakfasts, scrumpy cider, pasties and seafood … it gets better and better. And good to know that Sybil will be on hand in case there are any breakdowns of the mechanical sort. We will have to have Michael and Grumpy join us to provide specialized nursing care, that’s pretty much a given. But what are we going to say when Lamb invites himself?

LOL

Yep, me too. And he can be the entertainment ...... have you guys seen The Full Monty across the pond?

sybil said:

All the better. I definitely owe him a few beers, probably a few barrels.

Seenie said:

But what are we going to say when Lamb invites himself?
LOL

Well I wouldn't bring any dang ol' scooter NO WAY, I'd bring my V-8 bar stool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdt68v5UA8E

Thank goodness I looked at the video. For a horrible moment I thought you were going to be drinking V8, Lamb.

Have we seen The Full Monty? ROFL

Ok Seenie, while I was still working as a medical assistant in a podiatry practice, I had 3 metatarsal stress fractures in a years time. I rented a knee walker at that time so I could continue to work since I was non weight bearing and could not use the crutches due to my wrists. So, I had a steerable 4 wheel knee walker for 3 mos. I used it in our double wide mobile home we lived in at the time, I used it in the office going in and out of exam rooms, working the xray machine, filing charts, etc. I also used it in Walmart (can go really fast on their floors, lol) and used it outside while "walking" our dog. Now I will say mine did not do really well on grassy areas, but again it was a rented one and did not have those great air filled tires like the second one you posted. I don't know about having the one wheel in back, but guess it would work ok. I also used mine to sit on when I needed a break. Not a problem at all, just lock the brake down and have a seat sideways. Nothing to it. I LOVE mine and wished I could have purchased one. Now we also had quite a few patients who had foot reconstruction surgery with external fixators who rented them after hearing how well they worked. So much better than using crutches!!! Hope this info has helped you in some way.

Wow, Alma, that is so good to hear. I really want it for all-terrain outdoor use, so I think the big wheels are going to be great. Thank you for mentioning sitting on it: I had wondered about that. Like, what am I going to do when I get tired of scooting? But of course, sit on it sideways. Thanks for reporting all of those positive things for me. I had pretty much decided to buy it for myself, but after reading what you had to say, I’m so going for it! I figure this at least gives a possibility of getting some much needed exercise. And I think my dogs are going to like it as well.

Now, besides going much too fast in Walmart, hhehehe, what other off-the-beaten-track adventures do you think I could have on it?

You could go down to the local skating rink and take up roller derby. See if there's a track & field event for you. Walk/scoot across Canada to raise money for PsA. Unscrew the wheel, attach a ski, and give both downhill and Nordic a go. "Hike the Appalachian Trail," whatever that phrase means to you. Attach a sail, tuck up your other leg, and go outside on a windy day. See if they make a blade attachment and give figure skating and hockey a whirl. Find some other foot surgery patients and start a synchronized scooting or square dance group. If the dogs are up for it, there's always the Iditarod . . .

Louise, if there was a prize for most fun post of the week, you’d have won it. Goodness knows, we all need a good laugh, and I had mine early this morning as I ROBL – rolled on the bed laughing! Sychronized scooting! He he. Iditarod – I can see it now, my Vizsla wanting to play with and kiss every being in the vicinity, and my Rat Terrorist just being … a terrorist! LOL
As for “Hiking the Appalachian Trail” it means the same to Canadians as it does in South Carolina! Too funny. Do you think I could take my toy on the plane to South America with me?

Seenie, I forgot to mention one thing...make sure the handlebar collapses for transporting in the car/trunk...

Louise, I loved your post...what an imagination you have, so fun!!

If you ever road a scooter as a child, it is that easy. I am not a coordinated person and had no problem with balance or even strength to ride it.

Thanks for thinking this through for me, Alma! Yes, the handlebar folds down.

With the fold-up handlebars, it'll go on the plane. I'm hearing a faint bossa nova beat: ". . . the girl from Ipanema goes scootin' . . ."

ROFL … now I’ve got an earworm! Thanks, Louise!

My husband had avascular necrosis of the third metatarsal head (what a mouthful!) in his left foot and has frequent gout flares that effect his big toes. We saw these knee wheelers a few years ago at a tropical fish auction where a woman who was helping the auction was zipping around like a maniac on her wheeler. My husband was flabbergasted and has finally settled on wanting to get one.

We went to our local rehab and medical supply stores and wow, they are $275 or more there, and we're going to get one one Amazon, because Amazon is awesome and much cheaper. I showed him the bariatic one, and the look I got was not amused, lol, but all terrain is so tempting.

If you go to a local med/rehab store they might have the wheelie dealies to try out, we did that and Mr. Chicken went racing around the room like a sugar-crazed toddler on a trike, he tried 2 or 3 different ones and found out that we could also rent them. It gave us a better idea of what he thought would be more sturdy and practical, and also let him play on a wheelie dealie without fighting a lady at a tropical fish auction for hers.

LOL I know, they are expensive. But with any luck (and a prescription from my doctor) the insurance should pay a portion.

Good advice to go try them out. I have tried the ones with the smaller wheels, and they are OK for indoors but I want the all-terrain one, and this is the only one that I have been able to find. Reviews are awesome. In Canada, this equipment is far more expensive than in the US: a littlel wheeled thing that goes for $275 on amazon, will sell for $400 or more here. Second hand equipment, at least $300. So we will be picking this item up on one of our cross-border RV trips and bringing it back on our exemption.

I love the image of your big boy husband hijacking the lady’s knee scooter. LOL But AVN is no laughing matter. I’ve never heard of it in the middle of the foot! I thought it was a hip and knee thing. Miserable. Is he OK now?

He's ok, overall, the AVN was removed and a tendon in his little toe balled up and stuck in to replace it. It's a weird deal, but at least his walking. Between that and the gout he is limping a lot, and he HATES using a wheelchair so the scooter is the next step. I do a lot of online surveys and get Amazon gift certificates and plan on paying a lot of it that way. I see lots more surveys in order to pay for the all terrain one!

I would think, based on the photo, you would need good knees for these

OMG That looks awesome! You could visit the grand canyon and actually be able to look out over those "scenic views!" You could go to a local music festival and just enjoy your day! You could go anywhere. Man would I love to be able to use one of those - unfortunately, my knees are the culprit in my case (other than the recently surgically removed sewing needle from my foot). I don't think using a knee walker would quite do it for me, but oh to dream!

If you can afford it, get it. I'm sure you will have lots of interesting stories to tell once you do!

My knees are genuine, nerve-free titanium. I do have trouble kneeling, but apparently the knee rest is generously padded so that the pressure shouldn’t be a problem. If it isn’t, I will make it so.

I can’t really afford it, but I’m hoping that the insurance will pick up a good portion of the bill. I can’t afford to be sitting around either.

The padding on mine was very nice. Had no problem with hurting my knees, and I can't kneel very well either.