Advice For Newbies

Quite a few of you asked me to post something about my experience here so I will and I will make it short and sweet.

It has been apparent for quite a few years I had a problem but it could never be diagnosed because my psoriasis is so mild. It took me several years to finally get a referral to a rheumy but when I did she diagnosed me immediately. I am also older than when most people are diagnosed.

I have to say I did not take it well - I can do without comments here peeps who lived thru that with me. LOL. People on this site who know me know that I went into this angry, screaming and kicking all the way. I was not a happy girl nor a very pleasant person to deal with! I rejected suggestions that were made to me to help me. I didn't want to be like everyone else, I thought I could beat this disease on my own, I didn't need meds or help from anyone. Oh well, can you guess how that turned out?

Now lets fast forward 15 months and it is a different story. Because of my job I don't get on this site much anymore, I travel all of the time and when I am not traveling I work in Tech Support as a software trainer for my company so the last thing I want to do is get on a computer when I get home or to my hotel room. But the treatment plan I am on and the previous one I was on have allowed me to do my job, to take my life back!

Now my life is not perfect, I have good days and bad days, but the good days are now out weighing the bad ones. I chose to go the medicine route. I take MTX and was on Humira which I thought was great but it didn't work for me so now I am on Remicade and MTX and we will see how it goes, but for now it's great.

I did have back surgery in December and Dr. Hottie can count me with a success story, I can't tell you how much better I am and I feel! I had a fusion and a bone and tissue graph. He is also the doctor who did my knee nerve surgery a year ago. Both have made me superwoman! Now if someone can fix my hands!

I also did the elimination diet per my rheumy and I found something that was a trigger. I know this is a questionable topic, but it has worked for me. You have nothing to lose, try it. I found when I eliminate that food I am so much better. I also went Organic and so maybe the combination is working for me. I am all about finding what makes me better.

This past weekend hubby and I went to Jersey Boys Friday night where I sang and danced all night long. Then Saturday worked in the yard clearing out all of the downed limbs and trees and planting our garden then yesterday went to the NC Zoo with my adorable twin grandbabies. And yes by last night I was dead on my feet! There was not a part of my body that did not hurt, but you know what, it was worth every second of pain I felt, and today I am pain free!

So what I am trying to say is it is a long, hard battle to find what works for you. Something may work and then it won't and you have to change. Go into it with an open mind. Don't be like me. Listen to people on this site and take their advise, there is a lot of wisdom here. These people will become your friends and help you thru the good times and the bad times.

Good luck to all of us!

Awesome! Very inspirational…