Aching down back of both legs

Hi

Sometimes, (like now), I just ache all the way down the back of both legs, down my thighs and down my calves.

Ache probably may not be the description for the feeling.

I have had PSA for 20 years.

I beleive it is something to do with PSA or at least something inflammatory, 2 weeks ago it was so back I took a large dose of methylprednisolone and then weaned myself off, and it took away the pain for a week or so.

Thanks

Geoff

My legs also ache. I assume it's inflammation in the tendons.

That's what I was thinking too. The fact that it went away when you took a round of prednisone means that it was inflammatory in nature. I'm wondering if you might benefit from physical therapy.

Thanks, not sure what you mean by physical therapy. I go a for a walk each day to try and keep my muscles strong.

Because of problems with my spine (Cauda Equina) I have lost over 5 stone in weight but this does not seem to make much difference,

Physical therapy is specific structured exercises, stretching, etc, done under the guidance of a physical therapist. It is targeted at a specific problem, and you would need a prescription for it from your doctor. For example, a few years ago my shoulders had become quite weak and painful. So I went to physical therapy, to stretch and strengthen using specific exercises, that got more challenging as I got stronger. If I had tried at home, I wouldn't have balanced this for my needs, and likely would have given up quickly. I did work on my ankles last year, and on my hips (and knees) most recently. Good thing I like my physical therapist!

I walk every day as well. But when my hip got too painful for me to walk, I needed to do some work. My hips were unstable in some directions, and too tight in others. Much better now. Not perfect, there's still some mild damage, but much better.