When it rains

My house is literally falling apart, I’m on vocal rest and attending speech therapy for vocal fold nodules, my computer is acting up, my spondylitis flare isn’t responding well to meds, and I have a chronic migraine for which I can’t take meds.

But I’m looking forward to two of my kids performing in a Shakespeare Slam on Saturday, I’m having fun looking forward to and packaging for 10 days at Camp, the weather has been warm and beautiful, and I’m getting a ton of work done cleaning and organizing my house when I’m not outside with my kids enjoying the weather.

For the past few days rain showers followed by glorious sunshine have made for some beautiful rainbows… just like the bad things in my life have faded to the background because of the joys.

If there’s one thing PsA has taught me it’s to weather the storm, looking forward to the rainbows.

What valuable lessons had PsA taught you?
What are your rainbows this week?

Rain--(snow) Weather yukie, I feel yukie, seeing 3 yukie doctors this week yukie, taking my son to his doctor for yukie vitaligo.

Rainbows-Flowers are blooming, I have cute baby chickens, I was nominated for an award at work and I nominated one of my co-workers-for a different award.

Lessons?? I don't know---Reading about what some of you are going through makes me very thankful that I have a healthy family and that I can still go out and make a living and hopefully make a difference in the world and when I am feeling down I can whine to my new friends here.

Nym...sending healing thoughts your way <3

PSA has actually really taught me a lot this past year. I have stepped down as the local president for our union ( big stress) and eliminated many more stresses that I didn't need.

I have been reflection on my past and wondering what changed to ramp this up. Three years ago next month we lost our future son in law to an accident, 3 months later my husband lost his cousin who was only a few years older to a heart attack. The time was a blur for me as I was trying to hold my family together being the rock...I think it caught up to me....

I have learned that little things don't matter, don't sweat the small things. I knew this after our family losses but this was a reminder.

Living in the moment is the only way <3

Life gets tough but we are a tough bunch and with treatment that works there are brighter days.

The past year was brutal...MTX was not for me, listened to my gutt and went off...best thing I could do for me and today my new treatment has given me back some quality of life!

I learned to be patient...to celebrate the positives...celebrate any accomplishments...a year ago I was lucky if I could make dinner a few times weekly.

Love as much as you can...tell the people you love how much they mean to you. Be grateful for the now, don't compare, we are all on our own path, don't judge we all do what we need to cope and share but don't preach...what works for me may not work for others...but share in case someone is interested.

My future is looking brighter and this group has been a huge help in understanding this crazy disease.

The weather has been great the past few days <3 I have been walking a minimum of 5k daily for the past week, added some weights and have been out in the garden...all of this would of not been possible 7 months ago....life is good :-)

Storms for me at the moment are,one daughter needing two further knee surgeries,my son has to see a cardiologist( I went to the DR with him for his allergies & when they took his pulse it was 224)& of course this extra long recovery from shoulder surgery. I’m also angry at a couple who took it upon themselves to steal the pandora bag from my daughters containing my Mothers Day Gift.

My rainbows at the moment are my PsA is doing ok,my hubby bought me a new car,we have a vacation booked going to Key Largo,the weather is lovely,& I have my vegetable garden planted.

PsA has taught me to take one day at a time,& honestly this group is like a rainbow to me,a wealth of information & some very kind hearted folks.

Glad to know you're still standing even after getting knocked around by a storm or two. I think I've learned that my perseverance is stronger, deeper and wider than many of my closest friends and that when (not if) I get knocked on my butt by work or PsA or life that I will and I can get back up over and over and over again. I don't know how to give up. And I don't want to.

I love reading all your responses and would love to hear more. Thanks for your kind words.