What a Pain!

Posted in my blog this week: http://rannygahoots.blogspot.com//2011/08/what-pain.html

You know you live with chronic pain when …

• Your child asks you why your foot is bleeding and you discover you’ve stepped on a piece of glass – and you’d assumed it was just your PsA acting up.
  • You view “tramadol” as both a swear word and a blessing.
  • You get excited to test out your new wheels – which come in the form of a wheelchair.
  • You find yourself lusting after items in the Fashionable Canes catalog.
  • The doctor asks you how much pain you’re in and you reply, “relative to what?”
  • You see shaving your legs as a major accomplishment.
  • Your 92 year old grandmother moves faster than you – and uses one cane to your two.
  • Getting out of bed counts as your exercise for the day.
  • You have no idea how to answer when someone asks, “How are you?”
  • You buy shoes based not only on comfort and support, but on the height of your wooden canes.
  • You check the weather forecast to see how you might be feeling the next day.

How do YOU know you’re living with chronic pain?

Right on! Especially the bit about shaving your legs. Haha, made me giggle.

When

... you used to wake up when the alarm went off and say 'I don't want to get up and go to work today', now you say 'Thank God I'm able to get up and go to work today'.

... you have 3 sizes of clothes, no inflammation days (just in case), moderate swelling days, and the 'nothing can touch any part of my body because it's one giant toothache' days.

... you wonder if every twinge, flare or set back will become your new 'norm'

oh my word, MB. YES!