What a joke

update....THIS RHUEMY SUCKS....ive not been able to sleep in my bed with my wife because of the pain (i flop and roll in bed like crazy) is unbearable. I take unisom to help me sleep. Ive called this doctor so much its rediculous,and still wont get me in any sooner than aug 5th. I had to finally go to the er last week, they gave me some pain meds thru an iv it helped till i got home. They did get me an app with another rheumy but i cant get in there till aug 30th wtf lol...ive not worn any shoes other than flip flops in about 3 weeks because my left ankle is so swollen and sore it takes my breathe to touch it. My hip back and knee isnt much better. I havent taken my enbrel or pred this week i took the enbrel for 2 months and couldnt tell it did me any good. I wish the doc would have kept up with my pain better... Dont know what to do, so frustrated. Anyhow just needed to vent and catch everyone up...

Yup, you need to vent, driveshaft. But I also think you need to get back on the medications your rheumatologist put you on. Sorry to be blunt, but you need to rethink the situation. Enbrel can take 3 or 4 months to give results, so unless there was a compelling reason not to take it (like a bad reaction) I think you’d be smart to get back on that wagon. As for the prednisone if you take it as directed it should help keep the inflammation at bay. Prednisone isn’t a painkiller – you have to take it consistently, every day, for it to do you good. I suspect your doc gave it to you to tide you over until the Enbrel kicks in. And I think it’s too early to tell whether that will happen.

Hang in there, take your meds and vent all you want in the meanwhile! If you can’t vent here … where CAN you vent?

Look into Remicaide- it may be the next step. I’m sorry that you are in pain! I hope things turn around soon.

Boo seenie lol.....3 to 4 months shoot me now lol........

:slight_smile: