Welcome Back!

From my blog, rannygathoots: http://rannygahoots.blogspot.com/2012/09/welcome-back.html

Welcome back!

Well, maybe welcome is the wrong word. I can't say that I'm happy you returned. In fact, I could have gone much longer without your presence in my life. I was living quite contentedly in your absence, and had quite forgotten your imposing and overbearing nature.

One would think that living with you day in and day out would be embedded in my memory forever, but how quickly I seem to forget such painful periods of my life: you waking me up at random times throughout the night; interfering whenever I try to reply to someone online or get some work done; intruding on simple everyday tasks, making them longer and more arduous. You can be such a pain!

I have no idea how I lived with you for so long without losing my mind. It's amazing what a positive difference time away from you made in my life, bringing all the more frustration upon your return. And really, did you have to bring your best friend along as well?

Just you wait! Something positive will come from your intrusion in my life. Perhaps I'll spend more time with my nose in a book instead of staring at a screen. Perhaps I'll slow down once again, taking time to enjoy the more peaceful things life has to offer. If we need to walk hand in hand through this part of my life, I will make the best of it.

Yes, Extreme Pain, I will welcome you back into my life - your friend Limited Mobility as well. To be depressed by your rapid return would just add to your power. If you have a moment, however, I'd love to introduce you to my friend Tramadol and his buddies Hot and Cold Therapy. I'm sure you will find you compliment each other nicely.

Love and insanity,
Me

Love it!