Weather and Humidity

What weather is the best weather for you and your pain? What weather is the worst weather for your pain and rash? I have been watching the humidity everyday for years and now know that the higher the humidity the worse my pain is. Not cold. When it gets real cold here, cold enough for ice and snow then our humidity actually goes down and I feel better. Also we are more likely to get sunny weather which also makes me feel better. I went to the desert area down south and my rashes cleared up and my pain was minimal. I saw and felt a huge difference. How do you feel in different climates?

I haven’t noticed any real difference, but I do have seasonal issues. Spring is pretty rough for me.

Cold weather is the worst for me… I loathe it. I tolerate humidity just fine.

Worst for me is dry and cold. We just set a new record here with 49 days of below zero temps since 12/12/2013. Best weather for me seems to be on a beach in Negril, Jamaica, with a Red Stripe in my hand. I start to feel much better as soon as I step off the plane <grin>.

The place I felt the best was the San Francisco area. WOW, did I feel good there! But it was too expensive to raise our kids there so we moved up to the Seattle area. Worst was Wisconsin, Arizona was 'meh'. I think like our symptoms, everyone reacts to weather differently. For me, barometric pressure changes are the worst. I can even feel awful going from rainy to sunny. It's the change that does me in, rather than temp. or humidity. That's why San Fran. was amazing.... very few changes.

Darn it, now I just want to move back there!! :) Too bad my husband and I don't have a couple spare million lying around to buy a comparable house to what we have here :)

I hear you, Marietta!! I dont do well with the barometric pressure change either and the weather is always changing here in the NW every 3 days!! Ick! I would like a couple of spare million to get me a house down south and do that snowbird thing. Dreaming is nice but living it would be better. Yes we are all different. I love dry, warm, sunny. I am a lizard. Gosh do I need sunshine! Most of the time though I feel like a canary in a coal mine.

Sybil, if I hit the power ball lotto I will get that 4-5 bedroom with a pool home down south and send you a plane ticket! Cause it sounds like we like the same weather. :) Getting through the winter is getting more difficult every year. But for now, remember, Spring and Summer are coming!

sybil said:

Mine's a large dose of sun, please. Nice dry heat preferably & not too hot in the afternoons. As I live in the West Midlands in the UK, quite close to Wales, it's a case of dream on!

Though actually some summers here definitely do hit the spot ..... it's just that winter and sort of grey non-seasons last so long.

YES! That sounds good to me! I love tropical and lived in Hawaii and Baja area. I felt great there! Any warm beach with warm waters is where I want to be. I would hold that beer and wish I could drink it. Gluten free. and oh how I miss beers of all kinds.

Sherm said:

Worst for me is dry and cold. We just set a new record here with 49 days of below zero temps since 12/12/2013. Best weather for me seems to be on a beach in Negril, Jamaica, with a Red Stripe in my hand. I start to feel much better as soon as I step off the plane <grin>.

High heat makes me flare, so I do better in the NW than I did in AZ! Didn't learn that particular trigger until we lived there. Winters were VERY nice down in AZ though!! Year 'round I would take the SF Bay area any day of the year.

waterfairy said:

I hear you, Marietta!! I dont do well with the barometric pressure change either and the weather is always changing here in the NW every 3 days!! Ick! I would like a couple of spare million to get me a house down south and do that snowbird thing. Dreaming is nice but living it would be better. Yes we are all different. I love dry, warm, sunny. I am a lizard. Gosh do I need sunshine! Most of the time though I feel like a canary in a coal mine.

Oh, and btw, houses were WAY cheaper in AZ than in the NW. We could have bought two houses for the price of our one house here, and some fancy ones too. When we moved down to AZ about 7 years ago, $400K bought a HUGE 4 bedroom / 2 bath 1 story house with modern everything, and a lovely salt-water pool with mosaic turtles in the bottom, a putting green in the backyard, and some nice trees and space to put a swingset as well. In a community with an amazing park just 2 blocks away, and a bunch of artificial lakes we could kayak on. I'm sure prices are less because of the housing bust (we bought at the peak of the market....bad for us). Compared with the prices in the Seattle area, it seems mega cheap in the Phoenix area. We're ALMOST as bad as San Fran up here!

I know. My girlfriends home is palatial and I bout fainted when she told me the price they paid for their home. They bought the lot and it is a somewhat custom built home in the best neighborhood in town on the hill with a view of the town and Lake Havasu. And of course they have a beautiful pool which is a must when your summers are 110 degrees for days on end. Unbelievable. We could buy three of those homes for the price of our home. And Yep...I wonder though how I would do in the hot weather. I might not do so well. But be down there in the fall and winter would be ideal. And it is so beautiful up here. Arizona has a shocking lack of trees. Yes we are almost as bad as the Bay Area. My hubbys sister lived there for years and we went there every year in the 80s and 90s. I love visiting San Fran.

Marietta said:

Oh, and btw, houses were WAY cheaper in AZ than in the NW. We could have bought two houses for the price of our one house here, and some fancy ones too. When we moved down to AZ about 7 years ago, $400K bought a HUGE 4 bedroom / 2 bath 1 story house with modern everything, and a lovely salt-water pool with mosaic turtles in the bottom, a putting green in the backyard, and some nice trees and space to put a swingset as well. In a community with an amazing park just 2 blocks away, and a bunch of artificial lakes we could kayak on. I'm sure prices are less because of the housing bust (we bought at the peak of the market....bad for us). Compared with the prices in the Seattle area, it seems mega cheap in the Phoenix area. We're ALMOST as bad as San Fran up here!

I react pretty strongly to low barometric pressure. Low pressures always trigger pain. Warm, dry weather is very nice. Is it summer yet?

Marietta, I am up in the Seattle area too! Moved here from Phoenix… I miss the dry heat, and the sunshine. Yay, it will be spring and summer soon…

Marietta said:

Oh, and btw, houses were WAY cheaper in AZ than in the NW. We could have bought two houses for the price of our one house here, and some fancy ones too. When we moved down to AZ about 7 years ago, $400K bought a HUGE 4 bedroom / 2 bath 1 story house with modern everything, and a lovely salt-water pool with mosaic turtles in the bottom, a putting green in the backyard, and some nice trees and space to put a swingset as well. In a community with an amazing park just 2 blocks away, and a bunch of artificial lakes we could kayak on. I’m sure prices are less because of the housing bust (we bought at the peak of the market…bad for us). Compared with the prices in the Seattle area, it seems mega cheap in the Phoenix area. We’re ALMOST as bad as San Fran up here!