Vasculitis secondary to PSA

Hi everyone… Has anyone ever experienced vasculitis secondary to PSA? My rheumy is saying it’s only with RA… I’m not so sure. Maybe someone can help me with this?

I was interested, so I looked up vasculitis on MayoClinic.org. It sounds like there are many different types of vasculitis, so IDK why your doctor would say only people with RA have it!

On MayoClinic.org it mentions several types:

Behcet’s (beh-CHET’S) syndrome.
Buerger’s disease.
Cryoglobulinemia.
Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (also called Churg-Strauss syndrome).
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (also called Wegener’s granulomatosis).
Henoch-Schonlein purpura.
Hypersensitivity vasculitis.
Kawasaki disease.
Microscopic polyangiitis.
Polyarteritis nodosa.
Takayasu’s (tah-kah-YAH-sooz) arteritis.
The one that’s most interesting to me and probably the one your doctor is talking about is:
Giant cell arteritis. This condition is an inflammation of the arteries in your head, especially at the temples. It usually occurs in people over age 50. Giant cell arteritis can cause headaches, scalp tenderness, jaw pain, blurred or double vision, and even blindness. It is also called temporal arteritis.
Giant cell arteritis is linked to polymyalgia rheumatica, which causes pain and stiffness in muscles of the neck, shoulders, hips and thighs.

This is interesting because I have a lot of trouble with some of the symptoms of Giant Cell Arteritis such as blurred vision, jaw pain, scalp tenderness and pain in my temples.

What are your symptoms? I think I remember you saying you have pain in your hips and legs. It would be interesting to know if this can be a condition secondary to PsA!