Upper leg pain = small fracture of pelvis

Yes that’s what wrong with me. I have a small fracture in my pelvis where the adductor muscle joins my groin. No idea how that happened but no doubt steroids and being post menopausal helped. So on walking crutches for next 6 to 8 weeks. Big huge poo on that one.

Well that’s certainly different. I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that it heals up nicely. What led your doctor to do imaging?

Oh wow! I’m so glad you found out what was wrong though! Speedy healing to you!

A good old fashioned Irish temper tantrum, Stoney. Talked a different GP three days running. None of them saw me or examined me and I lost it. So was told to call an ambulance and get myself to the hospital for some x rays. Which was what I did, after being thoroughly examined too. It was a relief actually to be seen and examined by someone, after 5 days of serious pain, following a week or so of increasing incapacity.

It’s not the result I wanted but at least I know what it is now.

1 Like

sometimes that’s all we need!

1 Like

Ouch! Hope it gets better soon. I guess they just rest it and hope the bone knits back together?
At least you know what is going on now, for a lot of us it is a continuing mystery to the doctors.
My new Rheumy tried to explain my Raynaud’s by saying “it was probably vibrating machinery at your work”, I should have replied, “or possibly Space aliens abducting me?”

1 Like

Yay for trowing that tantrum then! I’m glad someone finally listened instead of just saying well you have PsA so of course you’re in pain… I hope it heels soon!

Yes so am I. It is though exceptionally challenging presently. Suffered just horrible muscle spasms which literally made me scream in pain for last 4 days. Finally GP prescribed some diazepam yesterday and this morning is the first morning I haven’t spent the first couple of hours just sobbing in both pain and intense frustration. It’s going to be a very long 6 to 8 weeks I fear. And then of course I’m obviously facing bone density issues which will need to be addressed.

It is really ‘good’ that this wasn’t just attributed to PsA and left at that. I can see you will have to get bone density checked out. This does sound very challenging, like you haven’t got enough to deal with already! Heal well, Poo.

Thanks Sybil.