Update

I haven't been able to write for a while - so much is happening right now that I can't keep up with all of it. To start with, my sister had her bone marrow transplant and seems to be doing well. I have had family visiting on and off for a couple weeks now and will continue to have family around until things get better for my sister. She is staying positive but is suffering from Chemo brain fog and mouth sores (both are common for transplant patients). My research on PsA has managed to confuse me more. I am trying to be mindful of my sisters condition and trying to not contaminate her or put her in harms way but in my quest to keep her safe, I have been confused by what my meds are doing to my body. I did not donate my stem cells due to the fact that PsA is a malfunction of the immunity system and since the blood cells contain ones immune system, I was concerned she may get this disease as well. I may be over reacting but I would rather be safe than sorry. Since the meds for PsA lower ones immunity, I was also afraid I may be a carrier for germs and that may not be the safest for her either. Meanwhile, the hospital feels I can visit her and keep her safe by wearing a mask and staying across the room from her. It is so hard not being able to give her a hug and I am sure it is difficult for her to not be touched. She is fighting hard. She will be released in a week to go stay at a motel close to the hospital and our mother will be staying with her. I will be able to visit however, I will still have to mask up and wear gloves when I am around her but I am the only other person who would be able to help out if Mom decides it is too much for her. I plan to help out as much as I can so Mom can have regular breaks and not wear herself out. I feel better that I can help out somewhat (since before I didn't think I would be able to do anything) but am still concerned about it. The stress level has come up and is resulting in a flare and to top it off, allergies are wayyyy worse this year. Hands are quite stiff and I have been having more back pain. I think things will get better after the upcoming concert for my students and when my sister gets situated in the motel. Meanwhile, we will continue to pray and keep our chins up.

Spinning Diva, glad to read your update. Still leaving your sister, you and your family in prayer with God as He is the only one I know that can heal all ills. Sounds like you are doing all that you can do at this point. You are right, keep your chin up and keep the faith.