Trying out topical Cannabis salve

A friend gave some cannabis salve to try on my hands. It is really greasy so after applying I put on latex gloves over it.
Besides PsA, I also have OA, so it may help for that.
I guess there are a lot of areas that still do not allow this stuff, but I think as a topical it is a great alternative, (if it helps!)
I also got some capsules with non activated cannabis, this is supposed to be beneficial for autoimmune conditions, I will have to inform my Pain doctor before the next mandatory urine analysis, they give me for the Tramadol.

A lot of people in the UK thinks this works well for pain. And of course our laws are tighter than many US states too. So I’d be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Helps some for the OA pain.
I am also taking non activated cannabis capsules, that seems to help with the sleep and pain some. It is hard to say with our condition because there bad days adn worse days… :wink:

The salve is working good, I put it on my hands, then cover them with surgical gloves to let it soak in. I gave some to a friend who has a back problem, he said it is really helping…

I have been trying some creams with CBD oil in them with some success. I settled on one that has a minimal amount of Capsacin in it. It seems to help my knees and hands some, but I am struggling with the cost of the cream. The purest forms run about $50 for a one ounce jar.

The problem I found with capsican, is getting it on my hands and rubbing my eyes or using the restroom, then being alarmed for the rest of the evening! :wink:

The cream I have has a very limited amount of capsacin in it. It provides only minimal heat, if any. I know the manufacturer of the cream and they said it was an ingredient only to provide minimal dilation of the blood vessels of the skin to allow the CBD cream to penetrate better. I worried about getting it in my eyes and on other parts of my body, but I regularly rub it all over my hands and wrist during the day. I have forgotten and touched my eye afterwards and it only cause minimal tearing. Contamination of other body parts has not been an issue.

Before I purchased the cream I told the vendor I did not want something that got hot. This was the recommendation.

If you find the salve greasy find some in a beeswax base. That is what I have and it is not greasy.

You can try my technique of putting on latex gloves over the salve, then wash off the outside of the gloves to prevent “accidents”… Also if the stuff is greasy like the cannabis salve, it keeps it in place do it can soak in!

1 Like