Tip of the Cap to Hank "Papa" McFadden

Tip of the Cap to my grandfather, Hank "Papa" McFadden, who passed away peacefully last night.

He loved monster trucks and cooking shows. He always wore Vans tennis shoes and let us watch wrestling when we were kids. It was all the chocolate milk we could drink at his house. He would show up to Christmas with a garbage bag full of presents. I would buy him steaks for Christmas every year because he really wasn't supposed to have them, but I knew my Nani would cook them for him if they were a gift from me.

He loved his family and was everything a grandfather should be. I love you Papa.

Scott,
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. Mine was a wonderful grandpa and I still miss him dearly. We are very lucky that we got to know, and love these wonderful gentlemen. I wish you and your family peace, love, and good memories over the coming days. Enjoy some time with your family and loved ones.

Grumpy

Well said Grumpy. thank you!

Eating a sreak is special anyway. For you it will be ever so much more special the loss will always be there but the memories will grow.....

I am so glad for you, Scott, that you had such a special man to love. I will keep you, and "papa', in my prayers and thoughts.

thanks Lamb and Michael in Vermont. Greatly appreciated.

So sorry for your loss, Scott. I hope Hank runs into my grandpa, Big Ernie. I think they would enjoy each other’s company. It sounds like you have plentiful fond memories to bolster you through the tough times of your grief. I will toast Hank with a chocolate milk tomorrow. Best to you.

thanks!

So sorry for your loss. But what wonderful memories you have of your Papa!

Sad news, Scott. I’m thinking of you with your wonderful memories of Papa, and also of Hank, who passed away knowing what a loving grandson he had. May those happy thoughts be a comfort to you now.

thank you Seenie and Stoney. Really appreciate it.