Thought for the Day

Autoimmune Disease: Because the only thing tough enough to kick my ass, is me!

(Trying to see the lighter side today) Please share any laughs or quotes that might be sued to brighten someones day - we all get it ;)

Nic.Pat

Yaaaay, Nic.Pat! Nice to hear that you are in fightin’ form. For me, the best and brightest side of this wretched disease is that it has introduced me to so many good friends and interesting people all over the world. I wish I could do a world B&B tour of my PsA friends! Wouldn’t that just be the best ever? We could all sit around and drink non-alcoholic beverages (damned MTX) and talk about people far away who we all know. LOL! And, of course, give each other gentle hugs.

Oh, I just thought of something else. When I travel, anybody who is brave enough to travel with me gets to come along in the express security line! Now doesn’t that just make you want to tag along with me??? ROFL, ouch, that hurts, and now I will look like as baby giraffe as I try to get up.

The quote, apparently from Anton Chekhov "Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out" did not sit well with me when I first heard it, 'cos I thought I was quite good in a crisis, not so hot on dealing with day to day stuff. PsA's changed that, I can (sometimes, possibly usually) handle the day to day struggle much better than I would have ever imagined.

I'm currently going bald. But it'll probably grow back as there's already a little, dark, so so soft & downy patch of hair growing in the middle of the biggest bare patch. My husband drew a pic of my scalp today, featuring all the bare patches so my rheumy wouldn't have to fish through my hair. Complete with the little sprouting island. He's no artist - my nose was indicated by a wobbly triangle with the word 'FRONT' on it. I showed my rheumy: "look, J's drawn a beautiful picture!" It's all so bloody ridiculous and yes, I find it very funny sometimes.

P.S. how's the ass kicking going? Always sounds funny to me does that, being a brit, as over here an ass is a donkey. Backside would be 'arse'. Which I think sounds ruder.

Don't have anything PsA related but I did laugh my arse off at this news story.

Evidently, over this past weekend, there was a barbecue festival in Danville (home of Centre College, site of a vice-presidential debate and about 50 miles from Lexington). One of the cuers got hacked off at another cuer and threw a brisket estimated at 200-250* at said other cuer, missed and hit a woman in the arm, neck and shoulders.

Yes, you read that correctly.

My husband and I were not at said barbecue festival. We did, however, see Vince Gill in concert Saturday evening and I had NO pain! I did, however, spend yesterday recovering. (Guess that was PsA related after all).

Sybil, FYI, arse is a "cleaner" version. Some of us say "ass", some say "butt", some say "hinder" (with the long i sound), and when you need to be cautious to not offend anybody, you say "seat". When I was a kid, calling it an "ass" was a dirty word and if I said it I'd get my mouth washed out with soap--along with the words, piss, shit and fart! (Those were the dirtiest words I knew as a kid! The big F word would have been a mortal sin in my family!!!)

The things I learn on here. So changing a couple of letters makes the same word more acceptable? We humans are just weird aren't we?

Grandma J said:

Sybil, FYI, arse is a "cleaner" version. Some of us say "ass", some say "butt", some say "hinder" (with the long i sound), and when you need to be cautious to not offend anybody, you say "seat". When I was a kid, calling it an "ass" was a dirty word and if I said it I'd get my mouth washed out with soap--along with the words, piss, shit and fart! (Those were the dirtiest words I knew as a kid! The big F word would have been a mortal sin in my family!!!)