Think humira is failing

Haven’t been here for a while as I have been feeling so well but for the last six weeks or so I’m in much more pain. The fingers on my right hand have gone all sausagey and very hurts. My left toes have now decided to join in and I’m finding,it hard to walk again. Next rheumy appointment in November so unsure what to do - watch and wait - may be a flare due to summer finally arriving or try to get in earlier? Bloody typical as I’m leaving for England shortly to visit with my eldest darling daughter xxx

i would call the doctor and let him know what is going on so you wont be bombarding him with this in November.

If your Rheumy is anything like mine, it will take a month or two to get in anyway.

In your situation, I’d plan for the worst, and hope for the best - make the appointment, knowing that if I still need it in a month or two’s time it will be there, but I can cancel it if it turns out to be a flare and the pain and swelling disappear.

Ugh, Golfnut, I’m sorry to hear this. But I know your rheumy, and I know that he wants you to let him know if it’s going this way. He would not be impressed if you were to wait until November. Call Angela and give her a message to pass along to the doc. You might mention that you’re going overseas: he may give you some temporary help, like a steroid shot. I don’t know if they give rescue remedies like that. On the other hand, you’re going to England and they certainly do give magic shots to the bum there! Keep that in mind!

Have a good trip, and let us know how it was when you get back.