Things you use to enjoy before PsA

I used to power walk nightly; now I walk shorter distance and a lot slower; have also gone from caring for a huge lovely yard with 5 large perennial beds to container gardening on my porch; no longer crochet afghans due to the weight and how long they take, but still enjoy crocheting small items. Yes, we do "give up" a lot of things in our lives, but there is a way to still enjoy most things. Glad to see we are making those changes needed and still trying to enjoy most of our past hobbies in the process.

Also Jackson, you are a very talented photographer!

I used to hike, and am hoping to get back to hiking ... but in the meantime, "rails to trails" trails are great for wheelchairs!

I still go to science centers and museums with my homeschooled kids, go to concerts and plays, and do tons of volunteer work.

I now blog (rannygahoots.blogspot.com) and it's a great way to use my creativity and to process things going on in my life.

I'm also exploring gluten-free baking with my 9 year old daughter - I was diagnosed with celiac last year and she does better gluten-free.

I still enjoy my hobbies for the most part. What I really miss is acting in Musicals - I am still accepting parts but the dancing is on hold and I have to be up front about my situation so they understand. I have many hobbies so I do the ones I can during a given day and save the others for days when I feel better. Some of them include: spinning yarn on my wheel (mainly alpaca), crocheting, tunisian crochet (it requires less grip with my hands), swimming, singing, acting and quilting. Tonight I am working on a scarf made of tunisian crochet.

I miss hiking most of all. Still too weak and unsteady (after spending so long in the wheelchair), but am shooting for a 2-mile hike around my favorite lake by the end of May. I miss playing baseball with my son; my hands are too achy for a catch these days. And I really missed driving! Started doing that again last week!