The Dr. John Pagano diet

Has anyone ever been able to deal with a diet like this? I just find it so insanely impossible for myself. I've heard similar data on other websites and much of it suggested by my G/P (mostly for cholesterol issues) and Rhuemy for suppressing inflammation to joints, but man... I don't know if I could commit to this.

The link:

http://youtu.be/JtosFcCVepg

Just asking.

Sorry, I've not figured out how to "tag" on this site yet. Apologies. :/

I find it hard to be gluten free. I just don’t prepare well enough or far enough ahead to be able to commit to something like this diet. Plus, potatoes. After I ditched gluten I promised I wouldn’t nix potatoes too. For similar reasons I wouldn’t be able to give up all dairy.

I know some might say that this super-restrictive diet is best for our health but it isn’t any way I would choose to live. I decided on a compromise position. My weight has been low, ideal and stable for four years and I’ve been GF for about 14 or 15 months. If I cheat I feel terrible (physically, not mentally) the next day so I know that being GF has changed something in my digestion. I don’t know the effect on my inflammation as my sed rate is always normal. But I feel pretty good! But maybe that’s the steroids and mashed potatoes talking.

"I find it hard to be gluten free."

"I know some might say that this super-restrictive diet is best for our health but it isn't any way I would choose to live."

That's my point, It's what we're told but I seriously don't know how to convey to these restrictions.

i've never heard of this doctor. i'm going to try this way of eating. i'm already doing most of it, but just have to eliminate the tiny amount of raw sugar i use to make salad dressing and teriyaki sauce.

i've been told by my doctor to follow a diet based on my blood type. i have type A blood and apparently would do well on a vegetarian diet. i used to eat meat at almost every meal. now i rarely eat meat and when i do, i eat turkey or fish. i found that beef, chicken, and pork made me flare. chicken flares were the worst. the doc also told me to stay away from nightshades, alcohol, gluten, dairy, corn, and soy.

after being on an elimination diet for one year, i did food testing and still reacted to most foods. i feel a lot better with my current diet (no - gluten, dairy, corn, soy, nightshades, red meat, alcohol) and the tendonitis has cleared up. i'm hoping that eliminating sugar is the thing that's been holding me back from clearing up all the pain and swelling.

thanks for posting the link to the video!

For the last while I've been eating very, very low grains. You could say I am prescribing to the low carb high fat diet. So very, very few grains, maybe one serving of fruit a day, no added sugar, lots of veggies, lots of meats, and full fat dairy.

I am doing it mainly for all my terrible painful gut symptoms. When I don't eat grains, I don't get the terrible pains I get before I need to "go", the gas, the bloating (I've been asked when I'm due... it gets pretty bad).

I don't believe it will "heal" anything that is really going on, but is helping with symptoms. Is it helping with my arthritis? I don't really think so. My back has been better but we've had an incredibly dry winter. My neck has been horrible though.

I have been following a mostly gluten free diet and stayed vegan for one month. I've been pretty much maintaining a gluten free, vegan diet with the exception of the odd bit of goat cheese. At this point, I can't say it's done a ton for my arthritis but again...like the meds, diet can also take a few months to notice a difference. I do have more energy and stomach issues seem a lot better. Our son has noticed a big difference with his joint and stomach issues.

I have also been asked when I'm due. My kids are grown, lol. My stomach swells so bad at times. It seems like grains are my problem as well. I'm trying to cut them out and am also trying to avoid sugar. I am trying to lose weight. Maybe by cutting the grains, sugars etc my weight will come down.

West_CoastMeg said:

For the last while I've been eating very, very low grains. You could say I am prescribing to the low carb high fat diet. So very, very few grains, maybe one serving of fruit a day, no added sugar, lots of veggies, lots of meats, and full fat dairy.

I am doing it mainly for all my terrible painful gut symptoms. When I don't eat grains, I don't get the terrible pains I get before I need to "go", the gas, the bloating (I've been asked when I'm due... it gets pretty bad).

I don't believe it will "heal" anything that is really going on, but is helping with symptoms. Is it helping with my arthritis? I don't really think so. My back has been better but we've had an incredibly dry winter. My neck has been horrible though.