Taltz autoinjector - ouch!

Is Taltz the most painful of the biologic autoinjectors? I thought Humira stung but it was nothing compared to this. I’m on my 3rd month. I have a follow up next month. If I stay on Taltz I may ask to switch to prefilled syringes. Anyone with similar stories? Or injection tips or tricks?

1 Like

It is rough and stings but I am using a non autoinjector. I have had some good injectors on a couple biologics. I thought Humera was pretty good. I always use the 2 inch zones around the belly button. It still hurts but it is better there. Another tip–be sure to warm it up to room tempature for 30 minutes. It makes a difference. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

It is a painful injection, I have had others…but this one does sting a lot. You can try an ice pack on the injection site before you clean the area. Clean the area, and inject. The ice should help numb the sting. I developed alot of skin issues on this medication. Will be trying a new one next month. Good luck. Ps…stomach injections hurt, less than leg ones for me.

1 Like