Summer Bens Friends Event - You guys hear about it First!

Looks good! I need a gluten free vegetarian version! :grimacing:
Living in So Cal with a looming earthquake, fire or mudslide, it is good idea to be prepared. Luckily I am in the wild, so I will not have all my emergancy rations taken from me by maurading gang bangers, like in Los Angelesā€¦ Also I can eat Rabbits that at least eat vegetarianā€¦ we have pottable water from our wells, and some fruit treesā€¦

Well you have it made if you join us! As much as it pains me to say most of the freeze dried food meals I prepare are gluten free/vegen if for no other reason than meat products turn to powder/mush and gluten does not rehydrate well so its no wonder it turns to concrete in our guts. I especially avoid gluten in the back country as the body wastes a lot of energy trying to turn it into something useful so it makes you hungry when you really are not. When backpacking you need roughly twice the calories perday you normally consume. It takes a lot of meat to get many calories. and frankly to accomplish that, you really have to pack lot of extra weight that could be devoted to ultimate survival food - liquor LOL (not really) I try for (and donā€™t always get there) 1.25 pounds of food per person/day and roughly 3 -4 thousand calories per day. dried fruit accom[plishes that but comes with other trail difficulties best left unsaid so one does have to get creativeā€¦

1 Like