Starting Remicade...... Advice?

I am on 10 pills per week of the methotrexate and my c-reactive protein is still trending upwards. My rheumatologist is adding Remicade infusions to see if it will help with the pain, fatigue, and psoriasis breaking out again. I’m a little nervous of the side effects, but frankly, I’m ready to feel better and get back to living a normal life. Anyone have any advice on the Remicade?

MimiB, I have delayed my start date until January also for insurance reasons. I’m so ready to get started because my pain level has hit the roof and psoriasis is breaking out quite a bit again. Maybe we can compare notes after we start the treatments. How are you feeling?

I’m on 25mg MTX and have to take Vicodin before bed or I don’t sleep. I know what you mean about the pain at night! I have been dealing with this for 25 years but haws misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia. The treatments for that were never effective (obviously!) I was diagnosed correctly this past spring and the disease has spread to all of my joints now including spine. But, I just keep looking forward to better days. God bless you and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Talk to you in January!!