Sorry... pain, hurricane, and life

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting - I've been reading, but my hands hurt too much to type much. Hurricane Sandy is heading our way, and we have a ton of storm prep to do. My liver biopsy results aren't in yet, I'm not on PsA meds yet, my pain levels are through the roof, my inflammation is crazy (every joint, including my jaw, seems to have visible inflammation), and two of my fingers have such horrible active damage going on, the deformity is visibly different every day. It's insane.

We will have to evacuate our house (trees fell on our house during a big storm a year ago and there are many more that could) with our five kids - either to an emergency shelter on Monday or to my parents' house. They're predicting widespread power outages lasting days to weeks, so I may not have internet access for a while.

I'll be holding everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I'll check in when I can.

I am sorry you are hurting so much and now having to leave home? That just sounds like so much. I hope you are able to get to a safe place to weather the storm and you aren't too uncomfortable while away from home.

So sorry for your pain nym, good luck with the evacuation, keep safe x

We're preparing for Hurricane Sandy as well, but we will be able to stay in place. We're just expecting that if (HA!) or when we lose power, that it will be a week probably. So today I'll be finishing up the outside prep, and doing laundry.

Good luck to all who will be dealing with this!

Stay safe!

Stay safe nym, and I will be praying your reduces; maybe as a happy side effect of the hurricane!

good luck to all in the hurricane's path .Nym I hope you get onto some meds soon

Sorry-meant to say I hope your pain reduces.......

michael in vermont said:

Stay safe nym, and I will be praying your reduces; maybe as a happy side effect of the hurricane!

Thanks everyone! We're settled in at my parents' house and waiting for Sandy to arrive full force tomorrow / tomorrow night. Time to try to sleep, as I can't see sleep coming easy in the middle of the hurricane tomorrow night!!!