So much for feeling better

Nope, Bobbi, I’m not either. And taking them has made a huge difference for the quality of my life and my husband’s. There comes a time when you just need to accept the help. If your leg was broken, would you say “No, I’m not having plaster, no way, I hate plaster …”

It sounds to me as if you have a good psychiatrist there, as well as a pro-active rheumatologist. Count those as blessings.

Keep in touch!

I’m so sorry your boyfriend doesn’t understand. I’ve found that most people don’t understand a disease//disability that they can’t see. I have noticed a huge change in my supervisor over the past 2 years - he is finally getting it and is very empathetic. So there is hope.

My daughter on the other hand often dismissed and minimized the debilitating symptoms of my PsA and even ignores me when I’ve been to the emergency room. I’ve decided not to mention my condition to her - it helps me cope better. Her inability to show me any amount of concern has caused me to see a therapist to help deal with her in-compassionate response.

I also hide when I’m not feeling well and that’s not a good response;

Social media apps allow you to connect with communities of support and others with similar conditions. This social connection is vital when living with a sometimes isolating condition like RA. Studies have shown that a social network of any kind can have a positive effect on overall health and wellbeing.

So, next time I’m doing poorly, I’m going to get outside my comfort zone and reach out to this great group of people ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You must be feeling incredibly relieved. You had a tough time there for a while, that’s for sure.

So what’s happening with the swelling? Is it something you can just put up with now that you know it’s not serious?

Good luck with Humira bobbieandboys.