Sharp pain on bone at this location

You did it again, coffee is now spat out all over my keyboard, so now I’ve ‘sticky’ to add to my mess!

1 Like

Saw the hand surgeon today, he has me doing 6 laser treatments on the damaged hand and elbows.
Has anyone heard of this treatment? It is kind of like US massage treatment on steroids. Heated up the joints quite a bit, felt goodfor a few hours, now the pain has returned… I am doing them about 3 days apart. Much better then cortisone shots…

1 Like

My hand surgeon is now calling the pain in my hand Periostesis, he said it will eventually heal, why do I have trouble believing him?
I suppose it could be related to PsA, instead of being from the injury, as it is located on the side of the bone.

He also wants to do a couple more surgeries, one on each elbow for my ulnar neuropathy: Subcutious transpositioning sugery, with a amniotic membrane wrap. Translation: cut a 4-5” in insision in my elbow, and move the ulnar nerve to another location where it will not be pinched, and wrap it with surgical duct tape! No problem…
He is 0 for 5 on the surgical success scoreboard, shall we make it 0 for 7?
Actually this surgery makes more sense, It will reduce scar tissue adhesion, and also prevent the nerve from inflating back up to 20mm2. I am getting a second opinion, this time from a peer instead of one of his students, that was a waste of time, as he would not question the teacher, his only comment, “tell him I said hi”…

That surgery sounds a bit trickier than some of the others. Definitely get a second opinion. If he’s only done a few of these, you may want to find someone else.

Actually he is one of the leading surgeons, been a surgeon for 30 years.
He is even a novelist! https://www.ranchosantafereview.com/art/sd-cm-rsf-richard-brown-20180313-htmlstory.html

He is really a great guy, very personable for a surgeon! What a nice cause to donate the book procceds to “Doctors without Borders”.

Wow! Impressive. So you may not need to ask those specific questions.

The organization I am with, requires a second opinion on all surgeries. I was rubber stamping it with his junior surgeon, but I think it would be good to have fresh eyes on it.
This looks like the best surgery for the situation, so will probably go for it.

2 Likes