Self-help study: Would you like to learn a skill to manage stress associated with Psoriasis?

As part of a Clinical Psychology Doctoral research project in Sheffield, United Kingdom, we are looking for volunteers to use self-help materials that include written materials and an mp3 audio exercise.

Volunteers will be asked to complete a short survey. If eligible, you will be sent materials via email to access at your convenience.

The project is looking to recruit participants who are over 16 years, have a diagnosis of Psoriasis and are experiencing some degree of emotional difficulties.

Information obtained from the questionnaire will be completely confidential, you will be assigned a unique ID to track your information.

The study has received ethics approval from the Department of Psychology Ethics Sub-Committee and is supervised by Dr. Andrew Thompson. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

If you are interested in finding out more information and taking park in this research, please contact Zina Muftin, Trainee clinical psychologist on: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

This study is non commercial and the information will be used exclusively for the project and you will not be contacted by other parties for other purposes.

Thank you

Zina

Sounds interesting :)

Sounds interesting but I’m in Florida, US

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your interest in the study. The study is internet-based so it’s open to everyone who has access a computer and Internet connection. If you’re still interested email me directly and I’ll send a link with further information and initial survey. Best Wishes
Zina

Sharon FL said:

Sounds interesting but I’m in Florida, US

What's the purpose of the study?

This study aims to better understand the benefit of psychological techniques for managing emotional distress associated with Psoriasis. It will specifically look at whether online self-help interventions reduce feelings of stress associated with Psoriasis.

Hope that helps Andrew.

Zina